Veggies are making me blah

I'm on day ?! (I really don't know, I completed 30 days a while ago and have just kept going) and I'm feeling like after I eat veggies I feel bloated/icky. It doesn't happen with all veggies and specifically this week it's been with green beans. Typically brussel sprouts make me feel that way, which makes sense, but I didn't think green beans were low FODMAP. Here are some typical days of food, specifically this past week. Breakfast and lunch are always the same every day all week - I make ahead 95% of my food and reheat in the morning/afternoon.

B - one/two scrambled eggs, palm full compliant chorizo, bell peppers (probably 3/4 of a full one), 1/4 of sweet potato all sauteed up w/ olive oil. Never bloated after breakfast. 

L - one/two palm fulls shredded chicken or shredded pork loin, 1 cup steamed green beans, one/two steamed carrots (the long one, not baby carrots), topped with a spoonful of coconut oil. Typically always bloated for at least an hour.

Dinner examples:

Example 1: 4 raw cups spiralized zucchini and potato (cooks down to about 3 cups), about 3/4 cup complaint marinara sauce, one palm full compliant Italian sausage. A little bloated, not too bad.

Example 2: 1 compliant chicken sausage, 1 cup (or more) asparagus baked with olive oil, roasted potatoes baked with olive oil. Medium bloated. When I replace asparagus with brussel sprouts I feel more bloated.

Example 3: Chicken salad, (1 palm full shredded chicken, 1 spoonful of homemade mayo, a few chopped walnuts, grapes and apples), plantain chips, granny smith apple. Nothing made me feel bloated here, and not enough veggies at all, oops!!! 

Am I just over thinking this? Am I really just too full because I ate too much and I'm confusing it with bloat? I was really thinking it was FODMAP veggies but after looking at that list, I feel like I mostly eat low FODMAPs anyway. I almost never eat raw veggies either. I typically drink 100 ounces of water a day. 

Fellow low FODMAPer here!

FODMAPs are cumulative, so it might be that over the course of the day you eat enough that add up to symptoms.

Is there onion and/or garlic in your sausages? They can be potent FODMAPs.

Also compare your sensitive and non sensitive answers to the types of FODMAP foods. Polyols, fructans, etc. You might be sensitive to only one kind, hence the hit and miss nature.

Awesome tracking of food and symptoms btw! Include too how fast you ate, how much fluid, and if you felt relaxed. Those were factors for me. Keep that up and you'll figure this out. You are certainly not overthinking, you're on the right track.let us know!

Archived