Looking for suggestions in Charlotte, NC or Chain Restaurants

Lnm588

Hi guys! I'm new to the program (going on day 4!) Does anyone else live in Charlotte and have any suggestions for restaurants/items on the menu you've found success with? I was successful with one in Plaza Midwood: Bang Bang Burger by ordering their burger bowl (basically a salad) but was hoping for some other suggestions.

I also travel a lot to other parts of the country so if anyone has any regular items they'd like to share from other chain restaurants that'd be great too! 

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm taking a trip to Durham next week. If I can I'll go to a burger place (I prefer FarmBurger) and order a plain burger with lettuce and tomato and a fried egg. The also have a super salad that I have them take out the cranberries and honey roasted nuts. Other than that I think I'm going to look at McDonalds breakfast menu to see what kind of eggs I can find. The way I look at it, if I'm traveling I am going to be temporarily inconvenienced, so I'm just going to suck it up and live with it until I get home. Good luck! Oh, just in case I always take a bottle of Tessamae's salad dressing with me. 

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Grabbagreen yesterday and they make salads with your choice of protein. I skipped the dressing. It was really good. Kale, nice mix of veggies, avocado, yams.

BBQ should work- Midwood Smokehouse- just get a pile of pork/chicken/turkey- no sauce.

Chima (pricey) but basically unlimited meat.

Mod Paleo (now the Good Kitchen) does meal service (probably can find Whole 30 options)

Viva Chicken should work- maybe not all the sauces. But you can get chicken and the fruit salad or regular salad (no dressing, no feta)

La Shish Kabob on Sharon Amity is great (it's a little sketchy looking on the outside), but you can get meat skewers and then a double salad instead of rice (make sure they don't give you the pita salad).

Luna's Living Kitchen if you get tired of meat - it's raw vegan (avoid anything with beans and you should be OK). It's surprisingly filling. Fresh. Delicious.

Archived