January 23rd start date

ShandaB

I'm excited to start the Whole30 Program tomorrow! I found out about the program a few weeks ago and immediately purchased the Whole30 Guide book. I also tested a few recipes...I can't believe how tasty they actually are! 

In adhering to the Whole30 guidelines, I hope to balance my hormones, have some energy, and get out of my mental fog. I've found that over the last year or so, I've become mentally lazy, which is unlike me. 

I'm taking this journey alone; however, I have joined a community support group and they are an active bunch of Whole30 go-getters!

-Shanda

We sound similar Shanda! I began reading/researching Whole30 a few weeks ago and also "test drove" a few recipes.  I started yesterday and am taking this journey mostly along, but with supportive family.  I'm hoping to find a community support group too, but am not sure where to find them!

Kathy

Hi Kathy!

Congratulations and welcome to your Whole30 journey! :D

Well, the community group I've joined is on FB; however, it was started by someone in my neighborhood. Last time I checked, it has upwards of 180 members who are from all over the country. I find the group is a tremendous source of inspiration. Let me know if you'd like more information or would like to join us. 

Here's to a successful Whole30 journey! 

-Shanda

I too started on monday after buying the book last week! Day 3 is okk, im not feeling the headach...yet! but the cravings are all too real! What I wouldn't do for a piece of chocolate or bread right now!! And Im deffinetly not drinking enough water! Im sticking with it, trying not to give up on this one!

I haven't been able to find the thread by Marnold for starting on 1/23. I searched on Marnold as the owner in the filters, but no luck. It would be really helpful to be part of a cohort right now. I've entered the serious suck stage and could use support! Thanks.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:04 PM, MiraMira said:

I too started on monday after buying the book last week! Day 3 is okk, im not feeling the headach...yet! but the cravings are all too real! What I wouldn't do for a piece of chocolate or bread right now!! And Im deffinetly not drinking enough water! Im sticking with it, trying not to give up on this one!

Don't give up! You can do this. Try thinking of just today - one day - and focus on that only. You can do it!

On 1/25/2017 at 9:08 AM, Guadopt1997 said:

Come join us at the other Start date 1/23 started by marnold onSunday at 9:45 if you want.

Can you help me find my way to that thread? I can't seem to find it. I could use some support today. I am not even out of bed yet and feel like crap. But I am fully compliant!

5 minutes ago, KNB said:

Can you help me find my way to that thread? I can't seem to find it. I could use some support today. I am not even out of bed yet and feel like crap. But I am fully compliant!

Here you go..... :)

And if there's anything we can help you with to get you through today just ask - it could be that your meals need tweaking which could have you feeling like crap...! 

Thanks! 

I appreciate the offer. I am just not sure what kind of help to ask for! I've been following the guidelines and not stepping outside the compliant foods. Maybe this is just my body's version of carb flu?

1 minute ago, KNB said:

Thanks! 

I appreciate the offer. I am just not sure what kind of help to ask for! I've been following the guidelines and not stepping outside the compliant foods. Maybe this is just my body's version of carb flu?

You're only on day 4 (in my time zone) so yeah, could still be a bit of carb flu. Be sure to salt your food, drink a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily, include some starchy veg in your meals, and don't skimp on the fat (most of what you use for cooking will stay in the pan so don't be afraid to add mayo/avocado/olives/ghee or another fat of choice to your plate).... If you're no better tomorrow let us know what your meals have looked like over the past few days & we can take a look and see if you need to make any tweaks.

5 minutes ago, KNB said:

What are one or two other starchy veggies?

Parsnips, beets, turnip, rutabaga, plantains...... all starchy - all good. One fist sized serving a day would be a good starting point & then see how you go from there. If you're particularly active you may need more. If you're sedentary or T2 or similar you may need less. Reassess in a few days & let us know how you get on...

Just now, jmcbn said:

Parsnips, beets, turnip, rutabaga, plantains...... all starchy - all good. One fist sized serving a day would be a good starting point & then see how you go from there. If you're particularly active you may need more. If you're sedentary or T2 or similar you may need less. Reassess in a few days & let us know how you get on...

Great, I will try this -- most of those I like. Thanks!

On 1/25/2017 at 3:04 PM, MiraMira said:

@MiraMira I had mild headaches on Days 3 and 4 and I felt snackish. I either ate an apple or a few cashews with a glass of water and I felt fine. Interestingly enough, I've yet to have cravings for anything. I believe that's because the Whole30  program allows me to eat good food and I'm rarely hungry. I sincerely hope this continues. 

Good luck to you! Drink lots of water! :)

-Shanda

22 hours ago, jmcbn said:

So I added a half potatoe to lunch yesterday and a small beet salad to dinner and my energy level improved a lot. I still have low energy but at least I am able to get out of bed and do some things!

Archived