Starting Today

Prpledlite

Hello All 

I am just starting today 4/18/18 and excited and nervous all at the same time. I can get through this and I k now there will be struggles probably different  ones everyday.  I am actually having one right now I sit at my desk all day and I just pop hard candy in my mouth and then keep it going and  I rarely take a lunch break so needless to say right now I am craving candy. 

Let me go drink this water with cucumbers  in it

I look forward to this journey to a better ME....... 

Need to find me  a good journal app because I know I am going to have to write so I won't eat anything that is not Whole30 approved. 

You can do it everyone

• Moderators

There's a journalling section here on the forum that you can use to list out what you've been eating... just go to the Whole30 Logs section, make up a title that you'll remember and then use that for the thirty days as your journal.  It's all in one place and if you're struggling, it's easy for you to ask for help and point us to the log :)

Make sure you're taking a break for lunch, even if it's just a few minutes... you deserve more than to be a robot in a chair for 8+ hours a day... seriously... 

Welcome! Good for you making this choice. You can do it! Accountability is everything and it sounds like you already have a plan for that. 

I just started a re-set on Monday (the 17th), my husband and I did our first Whole 30 around this time 2 years ago and we ended up feeling so great we trained for a ran our first marathon that Fall! That went pretty well so we even went ahead and ran a second marathon the following Spring. I have always been a runner but had never even considered doing a marathon before Whole 30. 

Some of the healthy changes really stuck when I saw the effect certain foods had one me during re-introduction. For example, I still love having eggs + veggies for breakfast and I never went back to putting creamer in my coffee. Of course some of those tempting foods snuck back in (hence the re-set now) but I definitely loved how great I felt and learned a lot about what certain food groups are worth it or not for me. 

Some things I do to get through the day that might help you replace that hard candy habit... sip on sparkling water, drink unsweetened tea, and of course hide or get rid of the off-limit foods. 

I think you'll do great, focus on the benefits, stay accountable. You've got this! 

SugarcubeOD... Thank you I will look into the journal  feature that you spoke about here on the whole30 and use that. I do take breaks , won't let them stress me out to much I normally walk around to get some steps in but I am making myself take them more during my 30 days because I know just sitting here is on of my triggers to pop that hard candy but I made it through yesterday and one day at a time. 

andilynn - Thank you... Yes I am very accountability and that is why everyone says that I will succeed then when I say I am doing it for myself and I need their support everyone is behind me 100%, now they wont do it with me but they support me... TeeHee

Good for you and your husband, That is awesome.... I tried to get mine to start with me but not happening, he does work out with me well he works out all the time  and he did help me with the cooking this morning but he had his beer last night and took my wine refrigerator to the garage so I won't see it so I guess I can't complain. 

I am so looking forward to how great I will be feeling at the end of this and that is what is helping me get through this. 

I will have to get some sparkling water and I am a tea drinker and never added sugar I just find myself reading the ingredients now and then I added cucumbers to my water as well and that has helped some. 

We had to hide the food, hard candy in my office today, I didn't realize I had it in so many places and my assistant took her bad food out of my refrigerator not to tempt me but I told her she didn't have to I was good but in the end that was nice of her, but she wouldn't do it with me either.... 

Thank you and Day 2... Here I come

Thank you so much @MrsWinstonSchmidt I went to the store soon as I read this and you are correct it did give me LIFE and the burps but the felt like good healthy burps so I only brought one to try but will be heading back there today so I can stock up for this journey. 

Day #5 and the weekend.... Let's get it! 

• Moderators

I just took a little drive across the border to Target yesterday and found Dasani sparkling water right with the La Croix... It's about a buck cheaper than the La Croix for the same amount and they have lovely flavors... I really like it!

Thank you SugarcubeOD......... I went and found that also so have a few cases of both at work and at home. I think it is a mental thing because i have only drank one of each since last week and been on my water and lemon kick but I have it there for when I just need to hear the pop of the can every now and then maybe...... 

Thank you ladies for your suggestions they have made this so much more easier. 

Day 8... Here  I come..... LET'S GET IT! 

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Prpledlite said:

Thank you SugarcubeOD......... I went and found that also so have a few cases of both at work and at home. I think it is a mental thing because i have only drank one of each since last week and been on my water and lemon kick but I have it there for when I just need to hear the pop of the can every now and then maybe...... 

Thank you ladies for your suggestions they have made this so much more easier. 

Day 8... Here  I come..... LET'S GET IT! 

That's interesting you say that... I have three cases of the Dasani at home and I have drank two of them... plain water is always best (it doesn't cause bloating like fizzy water can) but it's nice to have the option... those three cases will probably last me three months or more...

Archived