These snacks ok?

I'm almost 29 weeks pregnant. Big meals are not possible but I am learning to eat more at meals. This is just Day 2 for me (& hubby). I have severe anemia so keeping up energy levels was an issue before Whole30. Wondering if these snacks I ate between a regular meal are okay? I'm waiting 2-3 hours between any eating. I didn't eat them all in one day- the first I had yesterday in late afternoon before dinner:

- blueberries, raspberries, dried coconut (unsweetened)

Today, I was a bit weak around 10:30 (2 hours after eating) so I ate:

- diced sautéed sweet potato & topped with some ghee

Then in late afternoon I had:

- diced tomato, cucumber, few olives, 1/2 avocado & homemade ranch. 

Thanks!

• Administrators

We don't expect pregnant people to stick to the 3 meal/day recommendation, just so you know. We don't, however, want you to just graze all day. Create meals that you can eat that match the template for protein, fat and veggie. If you become hungry between meals, eat a mini-meal consisting of at least protein and fat or protein and veggie. We never recommend fruit on its own, nor the veggie idea on its own, it doesn't do anything for you in any real way. Eating protein and either veggie or fat (or, optimally, both) at a mini-meal means you'll actually be doing something about your hunger rather than just staving it off for 45 minutes.

7 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

We don't expect pregnant people to stick to the 3 meal/day recommendation, just so you know. We don't, however, want you to just graze all day. Create meals that you can eat that match the template for protein, fat and veggie. If you become hungry between meals, eat a mini-meal consisting of at least protein and fat or protein and veggie. We never recommend fruit on its own, nor the veggie idea on its own, it doesn't do anything for you in any real way. Eating protein and either veggie or fat (or, optimally, both) at a mini-meal means you'll actually be doing something about your hunger rather than just staving it off for 45 minutes.

so is the fat/protein I added to these snacks enough? I'll save fruit for the meal

• Administrators

Protein is what is going to be the energy. Fat slows absorption and provides satiety. Vegetables provide bulk. They are the optimal trifecta but if you can't manage all three, go with protein and then either fat or veggies for best results. :) 

5 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

Protein is what is going to be the energy. Fat slows absorption and provides satiety. Vegetables provide bulk. They are the optimal trifecta but if you can't manage all three, go with protein and then either fat or veggies for best results. :) 

thank you!!!! lots to learn. :) at least I didn't grab cheese or chocolate. ;) 

Archived