Day 18-22 weird energy lows

Hi there,

I'm on day 22 and the 4th day of some pretty unpleasant energy cycles. At my best, I wake up at 6-6:30am feeling alert and energized. That was most of the program so far. But the past four days I have draggggged myself out of bed at 7:30. I also can tell I'm craving more caffeine, I think because I'm tired. I drink about one cup of coffee (16oz) every morning, and maybe a 2nd cup of black tea before 12p. Sometimes I'm happily caffeine free, but lately I feel like I'd need to nap at 10am without it. I'm not feeling hungry, am doing well with high protein meals....not sure what's up.

I expected to be at peak energy these days...any suggestions?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, isaacb said:

Hi there,

I'm on day 22 and the 4th day of some pretty unpleasant energy cycles. At my best, I wake up at 6-6:30am feeling alert and energized. That was most of the program so far. But the past four days I have draggggged myself out of bed at 7:30. I also can tell I'm craving more caffeine, I think because I'm tired. I drink about one cup of coffee (16oz) every morning, and maybe a 2nd cup of black tea before 12p. Sometimes I'm happily caffeine free, but lately I feel like I'd need to nap at 10am without it. I'm not feeling hungry, am doing well with high protein meals....not sure what's up.

I expected to be at peak energy these days...any suggestions?

Hey there - Sorry you're not feeling well. There's not much we can help with without knowing what you've been eating... low energy at this stage of the game is almost always due to under eating... we think we've got the template down and we can stray away a little and then a little more and before you know it, you're undereating, skimping on fat etc...

List out 2-3 days of what you've been eating including specific veggies, protein, fat, fruits, portion sizes related to template, liquid intake... the more details the better... try not to be vague about 'some veggies' and 'a portion of xyz'... the more detailed you are the better.

I"m also going to make an assumption based on your photo and user name that you're not a menstruating woman, but should you be, it could be that it's the time of the month?  

Ok, here's my best, sorry it's not more exact but this is what I remember/have written down. And nope, not a lady, thanks.

After writing it out, I can see I'm probably low on veggies (though I think I've forgotten some). But, I'm not feeling hungry, and my energy is high later in the day (and last night, really late -- I couldn't fall asleep for an hour!)

Saturday: Palm-size of Frittata with spinach, mushrooms, side of chicken 8oz, coffee

16 oz water throughout day

Scallops, bacon, kale (W30 cookbook) Template portions

Chicken and yams for dinner 60/40 portions

8 oz water evening

Sunday:

Cauliflower/flax poridge with tahini +almonds

Early lunch: pork, egg, lettuce "tacos" W30 cookbook

Kale+bacon leftovers for pre WO snack

Larabar + banana emergency snack

16oz water

Cabbage salad dinner w about 6oz pork

Monday:

egg, pork, yams, coffee

burger with egg, avocado, bacon lunch, yam later

Apple +walnuts

Blanking on dinner, sorry!

Today:

zucchini noodle bowl w/ two eggs

post WO: finished it (total 1 zucchini, 1 yam, 4 eggs, avocado)

Handful of walnuts

Chicken, Brussels sprouts and leeks dinner (50/50)

• Moderators

Okay Mr. Isaac, I don't think you're eating enough honestly... you're missing fat in many of your meals... and the fact that you're eating 'emergency snacks' and fruit and nuts between meals tells me that you're not eating enough.

I also see that on the day you listed your water, you drank 24oz?  That's great if you weigh 48 pounds, but I'm betting you don't.  1/2oz of water per pound of body weight, every day... 

You're right your veggies are lacking... also, not sure what the 60/40 and 50/50 means, but the template asks for 1-2 palms of protein, a plate FULL of veggies and added fat... when eggs are your sole source of protein, it's as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... I know you can hold at least 3-4...

I bet you're tired in the am because your hormones are out of whack because your meals are too small and lacking in essential nutrients and being dehydrated can make you extremely tired... 

Try refamiliarizing yourself with the template, the pre and post workout recommendations (post being lean protein and starchy carb and its not ideal to eat your evening meal as a Post workout)... and write down what you've been eating using template quantities (you can use cups for veggie servings) and lets take a look in a couple days when you're eating more and composing your meals a bit closer to the recommendations.

Archived