Gluten Question

Has anyone had a reaction to cutting out gluten, like the opposite of celiac disease? I'm on day 16 and have been having horrible stomach pain for the past 3 days. I've heard some people can have a reaction to going gluten free if they don't need to. Just looking for some advice on how to proceed. :unsure:

• Moderators

I've personally never heard of that, but it sounds a bit strange (not to be mean, I believe that you have stomach pains).  Gluten is not a necessary 'nutrient' so I don't know why it would cause discomfort to stop eating it.

Can you list out what you've been eating for the last three days and if possible the days where your stomach wasn't hurting?  Specific portion sizes, veggies, protein, fat, fruit, liquids... is the pain constant or after you eat a certain meal or a certain item?

It's possible that you have a bug too... 

Nobody is going to get sick from a lack of Gluten (any kind), since it is not a component of the body that you need in any way. In some it is a toxin, or an irritant to others. Persons with celiac can get very sick from the reaction to gluten in the gut, due to the fact that they cannot digest the protein which will pass the intestinal barrier. Discomfort could be from the adjustment of the gut flora to the lack of gluten which was causing them death and dis regularity, High fibre leafy greens and cabbages will help to adjust this situation and create a very favorable long chain polysaccharides that will feed your good gut flora. 16 days and you are seeing the changes that can happen and will improve as you continue. Best of luck and remember," man does not live by bread alone."

Magoo

Archived