Help! Accidental cross contamination

Ughhhh...I'm on day 27 and feeling soooo much better. So much so, that I decide to go out to eat at Fresh Kitchen for dinner. I had sweet potatoes, broccoli and some grilled chicken...all good. Then I saw their freshly homemade salsa and after asking about added sugar I went for a small scope. Half way through my meal I realized that there was corn and black beans in the freaking salsa. My heart dropped.  I didn't eat much of them and of course ate around once noticing, but do I need to start over to get the full effects?  I literally made me sick just thinking I made such a stupid mistake. Please help with advise!

• Moderators

Corn and beans can be extremely gut disruptive... I"m sorry that happened to you.  The rules about starting over for this type of thing are in place for a reason... because you need 30 days to get the best out of the reintros and heal your gut, however you're an adult with free agency, so we can't MAKE you do anything... which is why Melissa wrote the 'Do I really need to start over' article, linked in my signature below... have a read through and then decide, but be honest with yourself about what you started the Whole30 to achieve.  Again, that sucks, sorry it happened!

Archived