A fresh start on July 31st

rileyspeep

Normally when using a can of tuna on a protein salad I use it plain, adding olives to it for my fat.  Today I mixed the tuna in a couple of good spoonfuls of Sunshine Sauce.  The sauce was cold so it wasn't creamy like you expect mayo to be, but it was still interesting.

Tonight I am planning on a pork tenderloin dinner.  Love pork tenderloin.  And pork chops.  And roasts....

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad we are all sticking together! I've had two late work meetings this week and have brought my own food. At this point of sick of talking to non Whole30-ers about my Whole30 and what I "can and cannot eat"! 

My afternoon sugar craving are really kicking back in. I know I'm not hungry, but wow my sugar dragon is amped this week! I'm really trying to watch my fruit in take, but it is all that sounds good. I think its mainly coming on with stress. I will push through though!

Getting my hair done on Friday, so hoefully that will be a fun boost! Hope you all have a restful night! 

Day 19 y'all!  we are doing awesome!

Last night's temptation - the kids ordered pizza and this morning our Deputy Director brought in Sublime (GA specialty) Donuts.  As the kids ate the pizza, I hit the gym, and have stayed clear of the donuts on the break table.

Weekend coming up and for me they can be tough - I seriously just want to grab some drinks with friends.  I haven't even gone out to dinner during this Whole#30 journey least I slip - my husband and I will be celebrating out 17th anniversary later this month and likely will go out - will be such a bummer not to be able to have a glass of wine :( ....ahhhhh first world problems huh?

Have a great weekend and stay strong and determined!

@pearlgirl2017 So. Much. Prep! I felt like I was chopping and roasting and cooking all Sunday last week. I also miss eating out @Mariama and have been avoiding it for the duration of this... I went out for dinner twice in the first week and both times the only options were miserable, plain salads with no dressing, not worth it. I know we're almost two thirds of the way through, but all I can think about is that there are another two whole weekends to get through... weekends are so much more difficult for me than Monday through Friday when I'm in work most of the day.

While I did a lot of prep this week I feel like I'm in a major food rut and haven't been getting much variety. I never want to look at or smell spaghetti squash again. Thinking of treating myself to some shrimp this evening so I have something new/interesting to look forward to- this recipe caught my eye. 

I also found out that my favourite cafe is closing down before the end of the month, literally nothing there is Whole30 friendly (it's a French bakery/creperie) so I won't be able to have one last hot chocolate or baked treat before they go :( c'est la vie I guess!

I've made my meal plan for next week in such a way I'll be using my crock pot for several days.  That should give me enough on the meat side of things for the whole week.  Spaghetti Squash and meat sauce (sorry @FeelGoodNic), Pork Chops and Sauerkraut,  and a Jennie-O turkey breast if I can find one this week.  Different veggies each time should keep it from feeling like leftover leftovers.

Love the Blueberry omelette for breakfast.  And the Banger sausage is pretty good as well.  

Ordered a spiralizer attachment for my Kitchen Aid, can't wait to try it out.  Won't have it until Monday night though. Bummer.

@pearlgirl2017 I had spaghetti squash for lunch today, used up the last of it thankfully! :D

I love the blueberry omelette too! I'm looking forward to having it this weekend. Just got invited for lunch on Sunday, it's a seafood restaurant and seems to have several compliant options (some of the menu options are literally 'just the fish' with your choice of sides) - something to look forward to at least. 

I am feeling the same way today... a glass of wine would be really nice! @FeelGoodNic I looked at the calendar and two weeks does seem really longgg at this point, I know we can all do it! I haven't gone out either. Had a few work meetings in the evening that were catered and I brought my own food. 

Anyone else feel like they are always at the grocery store? I need to stock up/plan a little better this weekend. I'm feeling like a hermit lately, but the thought of going out just doesn't seem fun at this point. Maybe a little retail therapy tomorrow... 

Day 20, go us!!!

I looked at my tracking number and the spiralizer should be delivered today - yea!!  A new toy!  I'll have to go back to the store and get a zucchini and a sweet potato to see how it works.  

Shopping is still tough.  All the things I can't have screaming at me from the shelves.  One day I'm going to be able to walk thru the store and not have this tug of war with myself.  I'll be totally in control with my food freedom.

I definitely feel like I'm always at the grocery store... we get through veggies so fast and I like to buy them fresh, also we have a small apartment and our storage is limited. I dream of having a large fridge freezer where I have enough room for frozen meat, fruit, and veggies... some day! 

Did a Costco run today and replenished my supplies- compliant tomato sauce, tuna, cauliflower rice, berries, along with beef chuck and pork shoulder so I can do some slow cooking this week. I treated myself to a copy of the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook as I'm hoping to continue eating this way at home for the foreseeable future. It was tough resisting all the samples and not being able to get a hotdog but it saved me some time!

I made egg roll in a bowl for dinner last night and have leftovers for lunch today and some for tomorrow- so good! Mayo mixed with Franks Hot Sauce is AMAZING. It's also a pretty quick dinner as far as prep goes so that's a plus if you need a break from chopping and prepping...

Enjoy the new toy @pearlgirl2017, I love when I have something new to try out in the kitchen!

two words - crescent rolls!! my son made them yesterday and the smell wafting thru the house was intoxicating....still she persisted :)

@pearlgirl2017 I think you will love the world of zoodles.  I have not yet tried the sweet potato.....maybe will give that a shot for something new.  So I don't know what it is with me and the homemade mayo - can never seem to get it right on the first try.  Usually have to throw out the first batch and then my arm is so sore going thru the second round of slowly dripping the oil olive into the food processor.  But that said, homemade is super yummy.  Made a big batch of chicken salad and deviled eggs for the week.  Will have to do some more prepping perhaps tomorrow.  Today is the solar eclipse viewing with my boys and then I am doing double duty teaching tonight - zumba and yoga.  Man alive, hope I don't collapse :)

Day 22 - we are ALMOST there!

Be strong!

Day 22.  What can I say about Day 22.  My jeans MAY be a little looser in the butt, not in the waist though.  And my bras are still leaving marks.  I have had a few dreams this last week so I must be getting deeper sleep.  I'm hoping that this will be the week to really start seeing/feeling some major changes.  I intend to stay on the eating plan all the way to the Labor Day weekend.  Then we'll see what happens.

I don't think I'm putting in a fat at every meal.  I'll have to really work hard on my template this week.  I might have to start making a checklist when I put my meal plan together.  Something more than just "this meat and that veggie".   I have to be missing something, and I'm starting to think it's in the little things.

Ok so full disclosure, think I did a bit of SWMPO yesterday......couldn't help myself. Was so craving some kind of treat that I made myself a fake shake - i.e. frozen bananas, frozen blueberries and strawberries, with a dash of cocoa powder and almond milk.  Stuck is all in my nutribullet and it was nirvana!

Probably so against the spirit of the Whole #30 but at day 22 I kinda of just didn't give a fig :0

OK here's to finishing the last week strong!

@Kungfu_Pamda you are inspiring!  I am racing to the finish line with my wine glass in hand :) .  After I get some mommy juice back in me, I might start again.  I think I will likely continue to eat pretty close to Whole#30 but with some adult beverages from time to time!

I agree with you on the feeling good - lots of energy as well and sleeping so soundly.  I taught 2 hours of exercise classes back to back last night and felt fab afterwards.  Thought I would collapse before doing it so was amazed at how much energy I had.

Day 23, almost to the finish line.  

I managed to eat a full breakfast this morning before I had to rush to my dental cleaning appointment.  Left so fast that my lunch is still in the fridge.  My "emergency" food that I had here amounted to a can of tuna and some packets of almond butter.  Yum Yum (not!).

So ready to go home and fix a good dinner.

So close!

Not much to report, still plugging along... I think the tiger blood hit me this week as I suddenly have boundless energy! Feels great. I took a step back from meal planning this week and instead filled the fridge with some stuff that can be grabbed on the go, hot or cold- balsamic beef roast, kalua pork, and some reheatable sweet potatoes/cauli mash/boiled eggs. Working well so far. 

The reintroduction phase is going to be tough for me as we're heading on vacation 4 days later, driving down to Portland and Cannon Beach! I definitely want to continue limiting sugar, grains and dairy but it's going to be challenging on the road, staying in hotels and being in 'vacation mode'. 

@FeelGoodNic so glad to hear you've hit your stride and are feeling great! I'm jealous of that and your trip to Oregon - it's incredible out there and you're going to have an awesome time :)

Not much to report on my end, work and wedding planning are keeping me both busy and stressed! One non-scale victory I've come to appreciate is how much of an emotional trigger I've indentified with food and emotion. I still feel the cravings (do they every really go away completely?) But I know I don't have to act upon them, and its great to feel in control for the first time :) 

Hope everyone else is hanging in there! We've got this!

Archived