Week 1 - almost done!

Lesliesauder

Today I start day 7- Mother's Day, communion at church, and lunch out with my family.... This may be my most challenging day yet! I was able to avoide to "breakfast in bed" kids know mommy isn't eating toast anymore- I read through some communion posts and they helped with my worry as to what to do in church this morning. Lunch out still has me worried! I have eaten out since going paleo with some adjusting- but I have not yet since starting the whole30. I know I can do it..... But I don't want to loose what I have accomplished this week by justifying it as (mothers day, celebrating). HELP

you will be fine! do you know where you are going? I always go for steamed fish and steamed veggies, but I bring along my own sauce (home made mayo with minced garlic, lemon juice, and lots of dill - tastes like a kind of tarter sauce to me. I bring my jar of it and put a couple hefty scoops on my food...LOVE). your other option is always a steak/burger/etc. just ask if the marinate their beef. try to stay away from dry rubs - they almost always have some type of sugar. don't be afraid to ask questions! I ask a million when I'm out!

AND...most important...do your best! that's it, that's all we can do. don't stress over "what if they put ___ in there on accident?!" because there's nothing you can do. you're not expected to stay home during your whole30 - you are expected to do you best and try your hardest. tell your server you have digestive issues with foods, but try not to pull the allergy card (esp on mother's day when they are crazy busy anyways).

best of luck! and go hang out in the eating out/traveling forum for some other tips!

Archived