Camping!

So, we are going camping this weekend and I wanted to post our planned meals in case you have a suggestion for easier/yummier camp food – or are camping yourselves and need menu ideas!

Breakfast both mornings: Frittata (recipe from the It Starts with Food book – premixed at home – when ready poor in the little disposable aluminum meatloaf pans they sell at most grocery stores, set over a covered barbeque on low (or medium if it is really cold out) for about 15 minutes or until they look done), fruit

Lunches: Adelles (sp?) sausages, watermelon mint salad, sweet potato salad

Dinners: Steak one night and Chicken the next, barbequed veggies (butternut squash & green beans bbq'd in a foil pack with olive oil

for our beer fix, we plan on drinking Crystal Geyser's (bubbles with a little flavor)

That sounds like a great camping menu!  I especially love the idea of the fritatta!  One thing I would probably add is fat like avocado, olives, nuts, especially if you plan on hiking or doing some other activities throughout the day.

Have a great time camping!  :)

For your frittata, I thought I'd share my camping trip.  I love making baggie omelets.  I mix up the ingredients and put a serving for one person in a quart-size baggie.  I throw that into a pot of water and it slides right out of the baggie, ready to eat with some avocado or olives.

" I love making baggie omelets.  I mix up the ingredients and put a serving for one person in a quart-size baggie.  I throw that into a pot of water and it slides right out of the baggie, ready to eat with some avocado or olives."

That is a great idea!  Thanks for sharing :)

Archived