4th Whole30

Patronick328

So I started my 4th Whole30 on June 1, but this time I actually decided to have my measurements properly taken by the person who runs the fitness center at my work gym. I don't remember all of the measurements, but I'll update this post on Monday when I get back into the office and can check my work email. From what I remember off the top of my head is as follows:

Weight - 299.2lbs

Body Fat % - 27.28

Lean Body Mass - 217lbs.

Chest - 51.5

Waist - 50 inches

Abs - 51

Hips 47.5

Like I said I'll update on Monday when I get to work. The one thing I'm really pysched about is that this is the first time doing a Whole30 that I don't have an injury preventing me from working out. I will be seeing my trainer 1-2 times per week, spin class at work on Wednesday mornings, and I'm in a corporate softball league that has a game once a week. Looking to get 1-2 workouts in per week outside of the trainer. I usually see a weightloss drop of around 18-22lbs, so even though I don't care about that number as much as the body fat %, I would like to see it drop into the middle 270s. Week 1 is down and outside of the sugar withdrawal headaches (which I was expecting), I am finding it easier and easier to complete. Might be easier in the summer time because I have full access to my grill, and my CSA starts up next week.

I think it's great that you're back for another round. That in itself speaks to how well the program works. It's great that you don't have any injuries this time. I wish I had a grill!

• 3 weeks later...

So seeing as we're coming towards the end of Whole30 #4 I thought I'd give a bit of an update.

I've have been going to spin every Wednesday here at work. It's been a while since I have done spin and the amount of sweat on my body when I leave is awesomely disgusting. I have been meeting with my trainer 2x a week. We're going slow so I don't aggrevate my back (arthritis, just compelted an 18 shot cortisone regiemtn), and this past week I began a couch 2 5k program. I signed up for a rugged maniac 5K in September and need to get my butt in gear for that.

Some observations over these past 25 days:

- I am nowhere as hungry as I usually am when I do a Whole30, so I think I have found the right balance of food to keep me going throughout the day

- I need to go buy a new belt, mainly because that's cheaper than buying all new pants.

- My stomach is noticably smaller over the past 3.5 weeks and that has led to pants and shirts both fitting better.

- I still want pizza.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that this installment of a Whole30 is complete, here are the final figures:

Weight - 284.2lbs (-15lbs.)

Body Fat % - 25.16% (-2.12%)

Lean Body Mass - 212lbs. (-5lbs)

Chest - 48.5 (-3 inches)

Waist - 49 inches (-1 inch)

Abs - 48 (-3 inches)

Hips 46.25 (-1.25 inches)

Archived