Timothy's Whole30 Log

Pensfan

So my wife and I started our first Whole30 on June 1st, 2013.  We are planning on taking our Whole30 out to a Whole90 if possible before slowly adding some still 100% paleo meals that may not be exactly 100% Whole30 complaint.  

Last night she said that we should log our food since we were really enjoying it, so I decided to go ahead and do a Whole30 Log overall for me.  

I do not remember the details of the first week...  so starting with yesterday's Day 7, here we go.  

Day 7:

Breakfast:  Shredded sweet potato hash with ground beef and onions, two fried eggs on top all cooked in coconut oil.  Black coffee.

Lunch:  Leftover grilled burger, topped with homemade spiced mayo, sauteed onions, and 1/2 avocado.  Leftover green beans sauteed with onions and bacon (local organic nitrate/nitrite free).

Dinner:  Coconut Chicken (diced chicken marinated in coconut milk, lime juice and zest, ginger, sauteed in coconut oil) served over sauteed stir-fry veggies, and riced and roasted cauliflower.  Topped with fresh shaved coconut and a shot of coconut water.  

Exercise: Wife and I walked 2.5 miles after work, before dinner.  In addition, I swam for about 20 minutes of real swimming laps, another 20mins of sort of hanging out in the pool and leisurely swimming.

General Notes:  I had great energy today and had a hard time sitting for more than 5 minutes.  I spent the majority of the day doing tasks, chores, errands, prepping food, walking and swimming.  Headaches have diminished and I am starting to feel pretty good.

Day 8:

Slept in late this Saturday (9am for me, 10am for my wife) since the kids are all scattered in other places.  We decided to just have a chill morning, did our devotions, drank some coffee, played with and took care of our ferrets before we both even began to feel hungry.  We didn't have breakfast until close to noon as a result.  

Brunch:  Scrambled eggs (2.5 each) with homemade sausage with wilted spinach.  One cup of coffee with homemade almond milk, one cup of coffee with coconut milk, and tried a sip or two Bulletproof coffee.  Neither of us cared for the BP coffee haha.

Dinner:  Big fat juicy prime ribeye steak, green bell peppers, large salad with lemon juice / olive oil vinaigrette, a small handful of fresh sliced coconut, and a single date roll with dinner.

Great day, spent a lot of time outside and on the deck at dinner with my Dad and his wife and my wife.  Lots of stress free fun and laughter. 

Edited to add dinner

Day 9

Wife and I slept in today before church.  Last day to sleep in before the kids come home, we had to take advantage of it.  :)

Brunch:  Shredded sweet potato hash with ground beef and onions, two fried eggs on top all cooked in coconut oil, 1/2 Avocado, Black coffee with Almond Milk.

Dinner:  Fresh Lake Trout, Roasted Beet, Sauteed Normandy Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, and Yellow Carrots), Macadamia Nuts.

Felt great all day, lots of energy, and little to no food cravings.

Day 10

Today was a hectic day, 400 mile car trip to prep for, getting my wife to work and setting up chili to cook in the crockpot while I was driving.  I did not want to bother with cooking after spending eight hours in the car. 

Breakfast:  Two eggs fried in ghee, two homemade sausage patties, handful of strawberries.  No time for getting greens ready today with the crazy hectic morning as it was.

Lunch:  Had to pack a lunch on the road to prevent trying to find anything even remotely close to Whole30 in the middle of rural Illinois haha.  Had a leftover burger, some leftover coconut chicken, leftover normandy veggies, and a handful of macadamia nuts.

Dinner:  Came home to a big hot bowl of meat and veggies!  Made chili with steak, ground beef, and the normal peppers, tomatoes, onions, etc.  Also tried to sneak in several veggies in the food processor to see if it would work...  not so much.  We tried adding yellow squash, zucchini, and carrots and processed them into a paste to hide them for the kids.  It worked OK, but I won't do it next time.

After dinner, we all went to the pool and swam for around two hours.  Tossing the kids around, towing them around the pool, lots of fun and exercise.

Day 11

Breakfast:  Our go-to breakfast here.  It really is easy and tastes great.  Shredded sweet potato hash with ground beef and onions, two fried eggs on top all cooked in coconut oil, 1/2 Avocado, Black coffee with Almond Milk.

Lunch:  Leftover chili and a salad with hardboiled egg

Dinner:  Burger, avocado spread, sauteed onions, and sauteed Normandy veggies.

Two hours of swimming with the kids, then fishing in the evening with my son.  Great summer day!

• 3 weeks later...

well...  the logging sucked.  I never stick with logs haha.  Same as my blog.  :D

However the Whole 30 was completed list night and it was awesome.  We are extending it now to 60, then 90 days, then we'll see how long it goes!  I am planning on a Whole 365, not sure if my wife is as eager. 

It really is easy to eat this clean at home.  Eating out was cut out completely during the first 30, and we'll most likely continue to cut it out as long as possible since it saves so much money anyway.

Thank you to everyone for posting recipes, blogger links, and all the support!

:D

Archived