cashew crusted chicken?

alrosen97

Hi!

I'm trying to find a recipe for cashew  crusted chicken (or fish) but everything I find has you coating the chicken in a mixture of dijon mustart (I know, be careful of added white wine) and honey before coating it in the chopped nuts.  I have no cooking skills at all so I aplogize if this is a silly questiong, but I can I just leave out the honey or will it be too think?  Any good ideas for a honey (thinning) substitute?  Thanks!

I would just skip the honey.

For the dijon mustard, Whole Foods' 365 brand does not contain wine.

EDIT: another thought. I wonder how paleo mayo would be?  I'm thinking by itself, that would be a yummy thing to coat chicken and fish with ... you could likely use that with the chopped cashews and with or without the dijon.  If you haven't made paleo mayo yet, here's a terrific instructional video: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/08/19/mayo-how-to-video/

• 2 weeks later...

I use a paleo olive oil mayo (see the recipe in well fed or on her website, the clothes make the girl!)

Whisk it together with an egg and a squeeze of lemon juice and lemon zest. Use a brush to coat a layer onto your chicken or fish and then gently press it into your desired nut-crust

Also, sometimes it's nice to toast the nut mixture with a little ghee or coconut oil in a skillet and throw in some fresh herbs.

Archived