Whole30 take 2! :) For the first time in my life, it's not about weight!

britchanel

Hey everyone!

I attempted a Whole30 back in March, but I didn't complete it. I am getting married in July and had a wedding shower, a cake tasting, I completed my first year of graduate school...and the Whole 30, sadly and ashamedly, fell to the wayside. I did maintain a mostly Paleo way of eating, however, and it's amazing how extremely awful I feel when I eat gluten or grains! It's like a bad hangover that takes a couple of days to go away. So not worth it when there is such delicious food that is also good for me!

Anyways, I had my dress fitting yesterday. I always said I would lose weight before I married...buuuut, I didn't. Granted, at 5'7" and 154, I'm not huge and I am built to be a bit curvier; I just feel and look better when I'm in the low 140s or high 130s. I was also heavier when I was younger and still struggle with my weight and body image. But, as anyone who is married knows, the expenses of a wedding can add up and I was nervous about the price of alterations.

The seamstress proclaimed me a perfect 10 (due to the size of the dress) and no alterations were needed....and surprisingly, I look beautiful in my dress and feel very Marilyn Monroe. :) With 37 days until the wedding, I realized that now would be a great time to do a Whole30. Since I've been avoiding grains and gluten, I really don't like things such as cupcakes anymore and it's funny how previous faves are no longer a temptation. 

And, when I started my first Whole30, I still struggled with eating a lot of fat (Chill, Brittany! :)) and *eek* had trouble staying off of the scale. But now, since I really don't need to lose any, for the first time in my life (I started dieting at age 10), I'm not going to spend each day planning my next diet and mentally calculating calories. For the first time in my life, I can concentrate on being healthy and happy and not worry about fat grams or the number on the scale. 

I really can't put into words how excited I am for this...is that sad? So, here's my Whole30 take 2 and the first one I will finish!

Thank you to all of you for your help, encouragement and words of wisdom in response to my questions posted before.

That sounds so fantastic! And how much more chilled are you going to be in the lead up not worrying about whether you'll squeeze in to your dress?!

And, if my own experience is anything to go by, even if you don't lose a gram you'll have amazing skin that people comment on - and how perfect will that be on your wedding day?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived