Starting 6/24

sdauer21

I'm getting ready to start my second Whole30.  I did my first one last summer, and absolutely loved how I felt when I finished.  I've gradually fallen back in to some old habits, and want to get back on track.  I teach, and the end of the year found me stressed and not making good eating choices.  I have a fair amount of weight to loose, but that isn't my primary reason for starting again - I want to get energy back, want to sleep better, and want to step up my activity at the gym.

The best part about doing it this time around is that I've talked my husband in to doing it with me!  I've been asking him to read ISWF for quite some time, and I know how important it is to understand the principles behind Whole9, not just follow another plan.  He bit the bullet and read it, and now we're ready to start.  He's determined to go 100% cheat free, which will be so motivating to me!  I'm very excited to get started.  Off to menu plan and grocery shop  :D

Welcome back to the W30 and how brilliant that your husband's joining you. I love it when people have read the book - I so agree it really helps to understand why you're eating that way. That was what kept me motivated during my first W30. Good luck

Thank you!  I am feeling very positive this time.  My husband is so dedicated to doing it cheat free that he's really motivating me!  Day 1 down (well, almost - we're getting ready for dinner), only 29 days left!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

How are you all doing?  We're over 1/2 way through!!

I'm discouraged by my own progress.  I just haven't felt the same success at this point as I had the last time I did this.  I have added back exercise this week - we were traveling and such up until now - and even that is a bit of a struggle.  I'm feeling really tired and still have cravings a lot more then I expected this far in.  I've even done the dreaded step on the scale and almost gave up completely, seeing that I hadn't lost a single pound.  The last time I did Whole30, I dropped 16 pounds by the end of the 30 days, and I guess I was expecting at least some weight by now.  My schedule has settled down just a bit for a week or so, so I'm trying to really refocus on the basic principles, to try to figure out how I can tighten things up.

My husband, on the other hand, is doing amazingly well!  He's gotten through the worst of his withdrawals, and admitted that he's rarely craving his old standbys.  He even talks about how we can maintain whole eating long term, which has always been my ultimate goal.  He's sleeping better and has been adding back exercise and I can tell he's lost weight.  He has tried out some new recipes this week that have been so tasty, and he has gotten excited about trying new things.  He even tried mushrooms, which I haven't been able to get him to do in the 12 years I've known him!! :)  I love seeing his success!  I just wish I was feeling as accomplished about my own success this time around.

Hope the rest of you are doing fantastic!  I'd love to hear how things are going - any inspiration is helpful! :)

Howdy - I started June 21, so I'm pretty close to finishing.  This is like number 6 for me.  This is a pretty ho-hum one for me, which is disappointing.  I think it's user error, so to speak - I'm very much in summer vacation mode right now and not especially emotionally invested in healthy eating.  :lol:   Also, I feel pretty sure that what I need to do and what I'm easily able to do exercise-wise, are two very different things.  I recently had the experience of having enough time to exercise as much as I wanted, and it was AMAZING.  That time was brief but wonderful.  I notice my mood (and my interest in really good food) seems to have diminished since that time.  Perhaps my next Whole30 tweak won't come so much in the area of food, but of exercise.   Hmm...

Archived