O M Ghee! (Salmon & zuchhini)

Vicks

54zp88.jpg

Well today was the first time I ever tried ghee and it's awesome!

I cooked salmon in it.

That is a pic of my lunch right before I finished it, and I'll be having more of the same for dinner.

For the zuchinni, I used: 1 large chopped up zuchinni, 3 cloves of garlic (that's up to you), and coconut oil for the pan seasoned with salt/pepper and some dry herbs..

Basically just crush up the garlic however you like, cook it in pan with the oil in it, toss in the zucchini and let it cook til it's as soft as you want it.

I didn't time it but probably not more than 10-15 minutes on medium low heat. Covered but stirring every few minutes.

For the salmon i just coated it with ghee, salt and pepper and cooked it in a pan about 5-10 minutes on a medium low heat.

Simple, fast, and delicious!

I don't really know the rules about cooking salmon all the way through but I just did it about 90% so there was still some pink but not much at all really. Really juicy and flavorful. :)

I kind of forgot zuchinni existed, hah. But it's in season! I think it has a pleasant mild sweetness to it, and it's kinda light but crunchy at the same time. Then again, I find it hard not to like anything I cover in garlic. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived