Baby is 13 months--Not BF, Does she need milk or formula?

My DD is 13 months, no longer breast feeds, and we give her 2 bottles of organic goat milk or goat milk formula  per day.  Do I need to be giving her either of these.  She is a great eater.  I'm assuming she will eat even more if we take out the goat milk.  THoughts?

Thanks Bellatrix.  Does she need the goat milk though?  Right now we give it to her and then when we run out before the next farm delivery I use the organic goat formula.

I really don't like the idea of giving her dairy period but I know that goat milk is better than cow.

It is recommended that infants are breastfed until 2 years (WHO), so because she isn't breastfed I would be inclined to keep the goats milk, no formula and supply lots of good food. Ditch the bottle of goat milk, replace it with a cup and if she needs a bottle give only water in it.

once not that long ago in history babies were fed until they self weaned (usually around 4) and if one woman lost her milk or was unable to produce the baby would nurse from another mother from the tribe, in fact cross nursing was actually common place, infants do have different nutritional needs than adults and they are able to absorb more nutrients from milk than they can from food at a young age :)

My first child weaned at 13 months and she never drank milk or formula. We switched to paleo prior to her beginning solids so she's an excellent eater and really loves water with the occasional juice. I have always had dairy issues so it never mattered much to me to give it to her. She doesn't seem to be negatively affected by that. She's now a happy, healthy and thriving 3.5 year old. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived