Reintroduction Mistakes - start over?? Advice

Hello there!

I finished a Whole 45 -- loved the way I was feeling -- and wasn't sure about reintroduction. I had no desire to reintroduce anything , per se...so didn't have a plan. My mistake!!

However, for the Fourth of July I had a piece of peach pie (homemade by me) and a couple of beers, but no other non-Whole30 food. And to make a long, it was a great day but I felt horrible afterwards!!! (stomach ache and headache). I think it is the gluten in the beer and pie crust...

So I skipped dairy, and went for gluten... Do I need to reset?? Do another Whole 30? Do you need to follow the reintroduction plan verbatim? (I have read different posts, some say you do, some say you don't.)

Advice?? Similar experiences?

You don't need to follow the exact schedule in the book; it's a suggestion. What is important is that you keep things separate (i.e. not gluten and dairy together) and give yourself at least 2 days of clean eating in between tests. If I were you, since the reaction sounded pretty bad, I'd probably wait a full week or maybe at least 1-2 days past when I felt back to normal, and then test gluten again or just start with another item if there's no desire to retest that.

Archived