Having trouble eating good food

I'm about ten weeks preggo and the nausea has kicked in. It isn't too terrible if I keep something on my stomach. But I don't have much appetite and vegetables make me gag. I know I need to be eating the best food possible but I can't seem to get it in my system! Any ideas?? Or just stick with the peanut butter crackers until the nausea passes :( Some proteins are hard too. Eggs have been a life saver since they are pretty bland.

Aww I feel your pain - I was sick with all my pregnancies. I think you have to just go with whatever you can manage to keep down at the moment? I found hydration the most important thing - just drink and drink! The more hydrated I was the less nauseous I felt. Hope it passes soon, the placenta kicks in making the hormones at 12 weeks, so by the second trimester you may be feeling better :)

Hang in there! Have you tried a smoothie? I liked to combine coconut milk, egg yolk and frozen berries and drank often in my pregnancy. All veggies not sounding good? I could do carrots - I liked the combination of cold and crunchy and kept them handy. I also found I could tolerate meats better if they were cold and ate cold chicken, steak and salmon.

Archived