First whole 30 in the bag :)

redjasmin

So I've made it through my first 30 days :) the entire experience has been positive. I started out extremely overweight, with an underactive thyroid condition caused by pregnancy (and poor eating habits) I was in a rut with my eating, no matter what I tried I just couldn't kick the junk!

30 days on and I've lost 15 pounds :) my skin is clearer, I'm sleeping better, I've got so much more energy - and yesterday's at my bloods came back and my thyroid function is completely in the normal range :D

My cravings are under control (for the time being) and my lifestyle is 100 % better!

I'm carrying on for the next few days within the rules of whole 30 allowing for a glass of bubbly on my baby's first birthday on Friday - then on Monday, whole 30 number 2 begins, ramping up the exercise and banning nuts - as they were my weakness on this whole 30.

Thank you to everyone for their support on this forum.

Day 31 here and I'm conflicted. I've felt incredibly good, clothes fit differently (bigger), have lost some inches, especially in my waist, sleeping better, more energy, gut soo much healthier. Told myself I was NOT going to get on the scale....did it anyway and am so disappointed. I figured I might have dropped about 15lbs, but I'm only down about 5. That stupid scale just burst my happy ballon and really makes me afraid to reintro anything, as we all know 5lbs can be back on after one bad food experience. I feel like I've accomplished so much in these last 30 days and knowing one meal could blow it all....and yet, my family has been so incredibly supportive these last 30 days....not sure how they will hang for another. I think I need to keep going. I think I will start another on Monday as well. (Technically Monday...don't plan on going off much at all between now and then)

Day 31 for me as well, I too was hoping for that 15 number, however, I have to remember that this is not a weight loss plann initially, but a plan to slay those demons that prohibit healthy choices. I will continue, I feel better, sleep better, and enjoying food more, I take time to taste the flavors. Traveling some next week, will start another 30 upon my return. However staying within The Paleo plan. Hope all who started June 10 feel good about their process.

How you feel is what counts, NOT your relationship via gravity to the earth (which is all weight is). I too lost "just" 5 lbs. on my Whole30, but I FEEL at least 15 pounds lighter, and my relationship with food has improved a thousand times over.

5 pounds is amazing! Don't forget, everyone is different. Some people with the big losses might be bigger than you to start with, and there's nothing wrong with slow and steady weight loss. It's a huge achievement.

Well done Redjasmin too, fantastic!

Archived