Well, that was interesting.

Angel

I am on Day 42 or so (I didn't officially continue my W30, I just kind of didn't stop or reintroduce anything) and ate out tonight for the first time since I started. I really wasn't expecting to hate everything I ate! I had a burger with a fried egg on top (no bun) and some sweet potato fries. I highly doubt it was W30 compliant (cooking oils etc) but it wasn't completely crazy off track either (no dairy, no wheat etc.) Quite frankly, it tasted horrible and now my body feels horrible. It was a mid/high quality restaurant too, I didn't just ditch the bun off a Wendy's burger ;-) I guess I am rather pleased the shine is off restaurant food but it does make one wonder just now much one's tastes and body change. Am I now doomed to find any other food inedible and toxic to my health?!

Ah, I hadn't thought of that (getting complacent!) Given I am now having some digestive distress and a headache coming on, I am thinking that maybe the case here. It wasn't quite how I was planning to reintroduce to wheat but I guess it answers the question. I am going to give the restaurant a quick call to be sure.

The burger might have breadcrumbs in it, and they may have used soybean oil in cooking the burger and/or fries. Or, if they cooked the burger on a grill that previously had a breaded item on it, you got gluten-ized.  Definitely ask what both items were cooked in and whether the burger was cooked on a clean (gluten-free) grill.

Yeah, that would've been the wheat. At least I am not on an official W30 or I would've been very angry at myself for being so bloody careless. No more wheat for me as it didn't agree with me at all -- so one unintended reintroduction completed.

Archived