Anyone do whole 30 for the whole pregnancy?

I would like to know as well.  Did you lose weight?  I think I would lose a lot of weight because it is so different then how I eat now. And I have a lot to lose.  Would that bad for the baby?  I'm thinking no because he would be getting a lot of nutrients.  Would the toxins released from the fat lost harm him?  Would these toxins reach the fetus?

Melissa was as Whole30 as she could be during her pregnancy. There were some times she had to do some full fat sheep's yogurt, but most of the time she was squeaky clean.

M didn't have weight to lose, but your priority SHOULD NOT be weight loss during this time. If it happens as a consequence of eating well, then fine, but don't TRY. A healthier you is a healthier baby! (Check in with your doc about this first, though!)

She actually wrote a blog post about her experiences...I'll try to dig it up.

I "basically" did, finding the path on my own, having never heard of Whole30 but listening to my body and baby.

LOTS of fruit though. Like, 5-6 servings a day. Worked for me! I felt amazing, lost weight (fat weight), gained "only" 15lbs overall, had a healthy pg and quick natural delivery to a beautiful very content baby girl.

• 2 weeks later...

NO!! :)  i try everyday to stay on track.  I'm about 80/20...80% whole30, 20% not so much.  There are just sometimes when I crave a grilled cheese or a glass of milk (which is weird because I don't like milk at all when I'm not pg).  I figure it's my bodies way of telling me I need some calcium.  I am almost 30 weeks along and notice that if I do indulge in something that's loaded with sugar...even just a bite of ice cream, I feel horrible.  It's a great goal to try and stay whole 30, but I think realistically there are times when you just need to listen to your body and have whatever it is you're craving.  I just take it one meal at a time and remind myself how much more awesome I feel when I eat clean.

Archived