I can totally do this! And I so need this!

Bridgedurso

I have been getting healthier and healthier in my food choices over the last 18 mos. First removing sugar, dairy, and gluten, then alcohol, then they'd begin to creep back in, then another fresh start and giving up grains, then slowly backsliding, then coming back paleo, then slowly sliding back into booze and sugar land. The one thing that hasn't changed? No matter what plan I'm on, I'm always making tons of modified treats, so I'm never tackling the core issue, the emotional eating. The addiction weakens when I trade sugar for coconut sugar and stevia, but I remain aware of the compulsive fixation to getting home to those brownies in the fridge. This is just what I need to really clean that slate once and for all!

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow's the big day! I've already been experimenting with portion sizes and meal spacing. both excited and anxious. Nothing like a cleanse to show us just how much power we're giving food. I found myself wondering today if I can have fun at a soccer game without beer and junk food, or celebrate my anniversary without it. It's really interesting. I will relearn to save my mad paleo-baking skillz for special occasions. My daughter's 11th birthday is during the whole 30...I expect we'll be baking her a paleo birthday cake. I suspect I won't be eating any. sigh. Here we go!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been posting regularly, but I am happy to report 11 successful days! These have included out of town guests, camping, a week vacation from work, a trip to the fair, a very stressful family drama event and more. I am feeling rather proud. I am learning some about how to structure my meals to keep me fed, but have so far noticed no significant changes in how I feel, except that I am chronically constipated. I have hope. I didn't get here in 11 days...

Archived