AIP and travel

I may be going to a water park with my husband's coworkers in a few days.  We will be driving about 75 minutes one way to a park I have never visited.  I'm guessing I will need one meal, but swimming used to leave me starving.

My current meal choices all have to be cooked.  I am on AIP with no coconut or avocado in addition to the other AIP restrictions.  I have no idea if I can even bring food with me into the park!

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I prefer my cooked foods warm, but have been grabbing just about any combo of meat, fat, and veg. lately.

Canned tuna? Maybe take some compliant BBQ sauce with you (tessemae's Petey's BBQ is great, unsure though if its AIP-safe). If worse comes to worst, pack some cans of compliant tuna and pre-packed ziplock bags of raw veggies with some homemade evoo vinaigrette. It might get boring but you'll have the satisfaction of staying compliant. I'm not AIP, but I'm on the last day of a small trip with church family to a district assembly... All meals out at restaurants, hotel breakfast bar and fast food lunches. I've been eating canned tuna mashed with a HB egg and a 100-cal pack of Wholly Guacamole. Had it for breakfast & lunch yesterday, breakfast this morning and most likely lunch as well, along with raw veggies & vinaigrette. Boring but its getting the job done. I off-roaded at dinner last night (I'm post-W30) and will be hoping we go somewhere tonight where I can just order a plain burger or steak or something like that with steamed veggies. Could also make your own jerky... Stupideasypaleo.com has a post about homemade jerky in the oven. Cheaper and you can season it how you like!

The jerky idea is great.  I can't do raw veggies, so maybe jerky and baby food.  I am due for some jerky, so I can have my hubby pick up some elk.  It will be different without nightshades, but it will work.

FYI: two places that I have found really easy to eat at are Lonestar and Carrabba's.  We always ask about cooking oil (soy is REALLY common on grills and vegetable blends are also common).   At both of these places, they cook our food in a clean pan with minimal seasoning.  I usually get two veggies since I can't have salad and I add my own olive oil and balsamic to the steak.  I had fish at Carrabba's and used their olive oil.  I don't miss a thing when I eat at either place.

I have also read that Outback can be safe, but I haven't been.  Out local upscale fish place can also accommodate.

If you know the name of the waterpark, google it to get their phone number or see if the have a website with details of what's allowed to bring in.  If not, call them and find out.  Most will let let you bring in coolers with food and non-alcoholic drinks.  If not, leave a cooler in your car and eat out there and go back in.  Bethany had some great suggestions for foods to take with.

Archived