Support Thread for on or about July 31st starters

sunnymama

Breakfast compliant- my usual fried eggs, squash, half sweet potato, and raw 'kraut. Excited to be back. When i had sweets recently I felt I was missing out on something. I think it was just that great feeling you have when following strict While 30.

Hope everyone else starting this week is having a great day!

*waves*

Having a game of mental tennis here...

Should commit to another Whole30

It's my birthday next week

Why celebrate your birthday eating stuff that'll make you feel crappy?

Why not? I don't drink anymore, so pass the bloody cake!

You'd only be eating cake to avoid all the comments of "Why aren't you having cake on your birthday?". Man up!

Ok, so how about a bit of totally worth it cake?

But it won't be, will it? At worst it'll be a gluten free/dairy free/taste free/sugar laden offering from your well meaning but misguided MIL. At best, a belt-busting portion of brownie in the local pub. Not *that* special...

Cake! Birthday!! Cake!

Oh shut up, Me.

Made through my Day One.  Feel much better, that New Day-Second Chance- sort of feeling.  

Roz- What did you end up deciding?   How does sugar impact you?  Are you able to Whole 30 until birthday, have cake, and then move on, or does having one sweet open the door to days of them?   Maybe some sort of agreement with yourself would help.  Have to admit I'm curious to see what birthday without dessert would be like.  I may do that this year, mine's coming up too.  

Hope everybody is okay!  

No concrete decision yet... Funny though, i was mulling it over last night & thought: Back "in the day", i'd have celebrated my birthday by drinking, smoking like a chimney & taking drugs until i couldn't see, even though i knew full well I'd spend the next 2-3 days feeling like I'd been hit by a train. And now I'm worried about cake. How times have changed! :-)

I hear you. Sugar really messes me up but I don't want to sound like it's that way for everyone, it's definetly not. And yep the problems do change don't they. One thing that sort of helped me not go tooooo far when I had sweets the past week was the studies that are continuing to pile up about sugar feeding cancer cells and the belief by a growing number of doctors that sugar is toxic. if anyone is interested can google, the show 60 Minutes did a report on it a while go, and it was just a couple weeks ago I saw another. Anyway, thank goodness for google.

Yeah, sugar messes me up too, in a really insiduous way. I kind of wish i had one of those really strong reactions, like a rash or joint inflammation, but i don't. A bit foggy here, a little cranky there - nothing to stand out. But after a few days of "just a bit more chocolate" i can feel the sadness starting up again, & then i cheer myself up with more chocolate & round we go again. It's not until i give up & eat clean for a few weeks that i realise how much better i feel without sugar. Unfortunately i'm very good at shutting off the "it causes cancer" message, got lots of practice ignoring that one when i smoked  ;)

Archived