Whole30 August Kick-off! HOORAH!

Jesse B.

Kicking off my (second ever) Whole30 tomorrow!  BRING ON AUGUST.

Probably not the best idea, but we've decided to have Indian Butter Chicken followed by chocolate for dinner tonight... you know, because it's my last naughty night for a while... and hoping after this Whole30 I'll be free of my chocolate addiction once and for all and won't ever want to entertain the idea of blowing out with such foods again!

About to jump in the shower... then I'm going to get into my bikini and take some photos of my Whole30 pre-bod.  And weigh myself.  YIKES!

I've put on 20 kilos over the last 3 years.  Bad food choices, physical inactivity and health problems... time to hit reboot and clean out up my body, lifestyle and state-of-mind.

HOORAH.

Hi everyone

Count me in

I've been on a weight plateau on paleo/low carb and need to shake things up a bit. I've started a little early just to see how welI can cope without my beloved latte's and artificial sweeteners (mainly in creamy puddings) and of course dark chocolate.

This has been day 3 (not quite so strict) but tomorrow I start in earnest. I have actually found that I'm not missing the sweet stuff *yet?* and have enjoyed the slight increase in certain fruits, I ate a small banana yay!

Good luck all

I'm also officially starting today (though I've actually been "on-program" since Monday in preparation), and I'm so excited about it. I seriously can't wait to feel amazing. Let's do this!

Good luck to you guys with the chocolate and the Ben & Jerry's. I feel for you! I'm worried about my love for cheese and peanut butter -- the latter of which I eat straight from the jar with a spoon. Ahh, it's so good.

To keep myself honest, I'm planning to post day-to-day photo food logs up on my blog, Leaf Parade, and I kicked things off there this morning with an overview of the program and my own set of personal goals, which include:

• To develop for myself what I hope will one day be a more intuitive way of eating — one that not only fuels my body to the greatest capacity, but also makes me feel well-fed, comforted, nourished, satisfied, and happy.
  • To eat when I'm hungry, and then to not eat when I'm not hungry. This is not exactly a novel idea, but one that I've never been able to master. I am a compulsive snacker and a notorious over-eater. I'm a healthy weight, but I feel a lot of guilt when it comes to food, and I'm tired of that.
  • To find the best possible nutritional formula to increase my athletic performance and capacity. I like feeling strong, and I like feeling confident, so I might as well fill my body with the things that will make me my strongest and my most confident. It's a no-brainer.
  • To build on and improve my cooking skills — especially when it comes to meat! I want to use the next 30 days also as an opportunity to pioneer my way into the wonderful world of meats. I'm actually really excited about this goal.
  • To take care of those extra few pounds of ice cream weight I “collected†while on vacation. I'm not looking to take off a whole lot, just the weight that's going to slow me down as I head into the fall racing season.

Well day 1 in earnest, and I have to confess it wasn't a good start, I finished work at midnight and then woke up at 7.30 and put milk in my coffee, doh!

I just wasn't thinking. However I'm not going to beat myself up over it and it has redoubled my resolution

As an aside I have been feeling amazing since yesterday with a buzz of energy ( today is day 4 kind of)

No cravings for sweets stuff but very slight fuzzy head

Hello all!  Can I join this group as well? I did my first ever Whole 30 June 1-30...never ate "clean" or attempted Paleo before. My first Whole 30 was a success....slowly changing my relationship with food and with the scale and numbers and obsession with tracking, logging, weighing, counting, etc. I lost 9 lbs and 12 inches, allergies went away, skin, hair and nails great and energy level even. I only worked out 3 or 4 times.  I started reintroduction July but after dairy and non-gluten grains...I off-roaded the rest of July. So, here I am...gained back 2/3 of the weight. I'm starting my 2nd Whole 30 today, August 1 at 162.5 and have put my scale away until Sept 1 (normally, I weigh daily...which I know is not a healthy mentality). I renewed my subscription to the Whole 30 Daily, so getting the newsletter again (love clicking the link at the bottom when I successfully complete a Whole 30 day). I learned a lot from my off-roading and determined not to repeat those choices. So, Day 1...Meal 1: hard boiled eggs, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, coffee w/coconut milk, GT gingeraide kombucha.

I'll check back in later.

Thanks.

Kelly

Ended up saving the GT Enlightened Gingerade kombucha for lunch instead of having it in the morning. Meal 2 was a burger patty, more cherry tomatoes, zuchhini and avocado.  Having more coffee with coconut milk. Meal 3 will be a salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado) with EVOO and balsamic vinegar...then I'll add shrimp as the protein and maybe I'll cut up a plum (this time around I am not going to have any Trader Joe's Just Mango dried mango OR pistachios...they got me into trouble in my first Whole 30 in June...led to snacking vs 3 meals). I'm going to have less fruit and nuts this Whole 30 and try to stick with 3 meals and no snacks.

Day 1 and I'm still whole 30 compliant but I blew it with the dried mango and the pistachios. When I got home from work, I finished the dried mango that I had around and I polished off the pistachios too. Both are considered limited but are still compliant. After the mango and nuts I ate my planned salad.....so now I'm done for the day...NO after dinner snacking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Archived