Did my body really just tell me I am full?

gardner177

For quite some time now, I've eaten very "healthy" (mostly vegetables, very little processed foods in proper portions and no fast food at all although I frequently treated myself with small amounts of sugary goodness and ate way way way too much fruits).  I ate every few hours but thought I was doing good because it was all pretty "healthy" even though I felt hungry all of the time. 

Bored one day, I Googled "Why am I hungry all of the time" and somehow got directed to the Whole9 website.  All of the information was so logical that I had no excuses not to try it especially since sugar is my vice and much of the information specifically focuses on sugar issues.  I bought the book and have been following the Whole 30 guidelines for about 10 days.  Today, for the first time in YEARS, my body told me I was full about 3/4 of the way through my lunch.  This was unheard of!  Most days I started staring at the clock about thirty minutes after lunch so I could see how long it would be until my next snack time!  I am going out tonight to the county fair and am well aware there will be nothing complaint there, so I had to eat dinner early.  I was still so full from lunch that it was actually difficult to eat my whole dinner (although I did it anyway because I would rather be super full on healthy food than cave into the luring smell of funnel cakes later). 

I knew by how logical all of this information sounded (i.e. eat meals prepared with whole foods and balanced with protein, fats and veggies), but was honestly not expecting it to work this well.  I think I am getting a much better handle on what healthy actually is and is not.  Most likely,  I will continue eating this way as I am an all-or-nothing type of person and will derail myself by adding in non-compliant foods.   Its only been a few days but I do not feel deprived at all and have had very little cravings for my sugary favorites (also, unheard of!) and I have been forced to be creative with my food and have come across some fabulous dishes.  If you are skeptical, give it a go!!

(Yeah! My first post here!) 

I also got sick of being hungry all the time eating 6 meals a day - they weren't small meals either! within 30 minutes of eating id normally be hungry and counting down the hours til my next meal. eating 3 meals a day, and feeling satisfied between meals has so many benefits :)

I also have loved feeling so full! I work in a restaurant during the summer, and I used to snack throughout my shift. There's basically nothing compliant to snack on, so I had to stop for my W30, but I'm not even hungry during the shifts anymore, even while I'm serving other people yummy food all night!

Totally agree with you - I feel FREE from food for the first time in my life!  Food is about PLEASURE now, not WORRY.  I can't believe how much time I used to waste thinking about food, wondering if I could eat again, planning what I was going to eat, thinking about the last thing I ate... hours of the day went to this pursuit.  I am loving the Whole30 life!

Archived