Day 9 = Worst Day Ever?

bella232

I have been very motivated for the first week of my Whole 30, largely due to the HS and the great support of my DH.  Despite the constant/intermittant headaches and lethargy, I have persevered!  I even stayed away from an entire room filled with desserts at our church's 10th anniversary celebration.  I have been eating a wide array of yummy and wholesome meats and veggies, with an occasional nut or fruit thrown in.  So far, so good.  I KNOW I am getting clean.  And yet...

Today I feel exhausted, hungry (craving -- not actual hunger) and irritable.  Again.  It seems doubly annoying because everything I'm reading says I should be feeling better.  Maybe that's the problem: I learned to read.

Hoping a pre-noon cold-brewed iced coffee turns me into Cinderella.  Feeling a bit like the ugly stepsister here...

bella232 - 

That was totally me yesterday (day 8). I don't remember ever being that tired. Ever. I took a nap and by mid-afternoon I felt slightly more human. 

I'm not going to lie and say that I woke up this morning bouncing with energy, but I did feel way better. Just take it one day at a time.

:)

Eat more!  Eat more carb rich veggies like sweet potatoes, zucchini and summer squash, spaghetti sqash...don't be afraid of them.  And more fat too.  Your body is going through some serious changes and using every last bit of available carb energy before switching over to fat energy.  Help it (and you!) out by continuing to eat those carb rich, but also nutrient rich veggies.    And fat.  Eat more fat.  Make sure you are getting both veggies and fat in EVERY meal.  It makes a huge difference!

Archived