anyone care to share you pre- and during Whole 30 workout schedule?

EvB

Hi- I'm on Day 9 and curious about how your workout schedule/routine changed during the Whole30 (or if it didn't). My week is usuallly a combo of running 1-3 days, one track workout, 3-4 gh intensity cardio/weight session, and 1-3 crossfit per week (some of these are double days). I've slacked a little since I started whole30 but I think it's because I am (mistakenly!) using whole30 as an excuse not to exercise as if the program itself is a replacement for fitness. But other than feeling a little sluggish on runs and lowering weight in crossfit I fee ok.

What was/is your workout schedule prior to and during whole30? I think I may benefit from some suggestions for how to modify my workouts to maximize the program without feeling like I'm losing fitness or missing out of being active-which I love!

Thanks!!

pre whole30, I was running 4+ miles 2-3 x's/week, plus weights/high intensity 2-3x's a week, for a total of 4-5 workouts/week. I consider myself very active especially b/c I'm still breastfeeding my youngest. As I started the whole30 (I'm on day 18) I felt totally run down. I could not make it through my runs, my time was suffering, I was having to stop and get a drink or stretch. I still haven't found the perfect balance of foods but I eat a lot of sweet potatoes. I'm also getting some cramping in my thighs and calves, but read other places on this forum to make sure I'm salting my foods ( I am!) and drinking plenty of water (hmm, I'm trying!). Also maybe magnesium but I know that affects my digestion so that's a no-no for me.  I feel like I"m finally starting to get 'used' to this so I'm going to up my workouts from 2-3 to 4 and add in a 5th if I'm still feeling good! :) 

@amberino21. Funny you mention sleep. I must be the only person on this plan who is suffering from terrible insomnia! But yes, I do need more sleep. You must be a competitive body builder to be doing 4-5 days/week and have that photo. Impressive! Thanks for the insights.

I started the day after a 70.3 triathlon.  So, leading up to it I had all that training.  Now I'm a bit struggling to keep up my runs and rides, haven't quite figured out the whole fueling thing.  But, my weekly schedule includes:

2-3 runs: 2 around 4 mi, one 8+
3 rides: 2 around 15 mi, one 50+

1 swim: usually around 3200 yd

1 yoga, 1 BodyPump, 1 cycle, 1 aqua aerobics (I'm a fitness instructor)

Archived