feeling depressed on day 8...normal?

I'm doing well with changing my diet per the Whole 30, but some days (I'm on day 8) I feel like I just don't want to get off the couch. I feel groggy, and doing anything feels like a lot of effort, but once I'm moving I'm OK. I gave up caffeine on this diet, so maybe that's why I feel mildly depressed. It feels like my body lacks energy (enough to move my 250 pounds around, which could require a lo of energyt!  :) ). I am eating enough protein, fat, and veggies, and very little fruit (one serving every other day, in the evenings), and regular meals. Trying not to snack; if I feel hungry, I visualize steamed fish and broccoli, and if that sounds appealing, I probably need to actually eat something. I assume that my blood sugar, which is usually on the high side of normal, has not yet stabilized. Anyone else felt like this, and can I really expect it to pass?  Thanks!

Giving up caffeine can be a pretty wild ride. I think that's the likeliest thing; I did that once and I was all ups and downs for 2 weeks. Give your body a while to get used to it.

Also, try eating some more starchy vegetables. Sweet potatoes, winter squash, parsnips, turnips, etc. Going very low-carb can be exhausting and there's really no need, for weight loss or anything else

Archived