KaySea

I perform a weekly show and don't like to feel full on stage. I ate a late lunch around 1:30 before a 6:00 performance. By the time I get home it's nearly 10:00 and I'm ravenous. I don't want to eat then because its time for bed. First show on the Whole 30 I had no snack but ate a small meal when I came home and felt wonky the next morning. This time I had raw cashews and a small apple shortly before I went on stage, but no small meal when i got home and felt wicked bloaty.

Day 9 now and aside from being totally wiped out days 4-6, things seem to be going well. Any suggestions to better attack my show nights?

Yeah, what about treating your shows like workouts? Have a specific pre and post workout/show meal. Perhaps a little more balanced than the nuts and fruit. Maybe a few slices of chicken, half an avocado, and some carrot and celery sticks (thinking of something easy and munchable)? Or a wee salad with meat, egg, and a nice luxe vinaigrette? And something equally balanced on the other side of your show?

Archived