What Do I Eat Now?

osborne116

So, it's Day 31 and while I didn't feel any life changing transformation- I feel pretty good, lost 9 pounds, and I feel a big sense of accomplishment from completing the Whole30.

It's all of the sudden tougher to decide what to eat without the constraints of the Whole30.  I started the day with dairy reintro, adding some cheddar to my scrambled eggs and a slice of cheddar to my lunch.  Tonight, we are having a Labor Day cookout.  The slow-roasted pork shoulder is compliant, but the sides will include coleslaw with sugar and commercial mayo added, baked beans with tons of sugary goodness, roasted corn and dessert- a pineapple and cream trifle.  I am trying to decide what if any, is worthy of a bite. 

Ideally, I can keep up most of the Whole30 restrictions, adding full fat dairy and the occasional sweet treat.  I don't think I will miss the grains, the legumes, or the soy much.  When it does come up, I can try it and see if there any ill effects, I guess.

I ended up having sugar and dairy today. And, as you would guess, I don't feel great. My throat feels very scratchy and irritated. The cheese didn't bother me at lunch or breakfast. Must be the sugar from the coleslaw and dessert. I only had a bite or two. I did avoid beans and corn. :0)

I have prepped chicken for tomorrow's lunch. I can make a big salad with that. We are having compliant hotdogs for dinner tomorrow. Just need to stick to my veggies on the side and not stray too far from Whole30.

I ended up having sugar and dairy today. And, as you would guess, I don't feel great. My throat feels very scratchy and irritated. The cheese didn't bother me at lunch or breakfast. Must be the sugar from the coleslaw and dessert. I only had a bite or two. I did avoid beans and corn. :0)

I have prepped chicken for tomorrow's lunch. I can make a big salad with that. We are having compliant hotdogs for dinner tomorrow. Just need to stick to my veggies on the side and not stray too far from Whole30.

Hang in there.  The reintro schedule includes several days of eating compliantly between test days.  I found that really helped me to identify the things that made me feel bad and to keep me from straying too far.  Hope you feel better soon.

Archived