Easy food ideas for a 24 hour relay

Colleen Roy

Hey all. I'm running the NH Reach the Beach relay with 11 other crazy ladies. Looking for ideas for easy food to pack. I'm not doing a whole30 at the moment, but try to eat as close to whole30 as I can when I'm not. I'm thinking nuts-cashews and almonds with raisins or dates. I can't eat too many of those though as they will bug my stomach after a while. We'll have a cooler, so I can bring some grilled chicken and hard boiled eggs. Apples and bananas with some almond butter work for me too. Any other thoughts? We are planning to eat dinner out at some point along the way, so I will be able to grab a salad or something I think.

If you have done something like this before and found something that works, I'd love to hear your advice!

If you go to stupideasypaleo.com, she has a recipe for easy tortillas/crepes that was posted recently. On my 20-mile long run, I made those and spread homemade nut butter and rolled them up. Took two for my long run (only ate one during the run, ate the 2nd at the end of my run) and they worked out great! There's also dates stuffed with nut butter that you could make. You can also buy some baby food packets for quick carbs. I think the brand I buy is Sprout. It's a stage 1 food, I believe, but they have sweet potato packets and butternut packets, with only ingredients being the veg and water. Those things have been perfect for me when I run in the early mornings and have to start getting ready for work immediately after finishing. Back to the crepes/tortillas... You could make several batches of them and wrap them around several things; nut butters, chicken & homemade mayo, avocado, and so on.

Good luck!! That relay sounds like a blast!! (I LOVE relays!!)

Archived