Whole 30 Started on Mon 16 September

Karyna

Here's my menu for today:

M1 - eggs, quick fry steak, sautéed kale, and strawberries and cashew nuts
M2 - rump steak, sweet potato chips, spinach and banana
Snack - chicken drumstick and dried mango roll up (I needed something sweet to make up for the lack of cake)
M3 - shepherd's pie (with cauliflower mash instead of white potato) and spinach salad

I will be glad when this day is over. And maybe when all the 30 days are over, I will savour that cake that much more and also know that it is a treat and not something to completely go crazy on.

Here's hoping.

1383145_10100256392400575_124140199_n.jp

No one is saying you can never have cake again - but after 30 days (or more if you do a proper restart) you may find your tastes have changed and the cake isn't as appealing anymore!

Was soy the only non compliant thing on the chicken? It could potentially have had gluten too- you may want to not reintroduce these things for 14 days to give your body 30 days free on them.

No one is saying you can never have cake again - but after 30 days (or more if you do a proper restart) you may find your tastes have changed and the cake isn't as appealing anymore!

Was soy the only non compliant thing on the chicken? It could potentially have had gluten too- you may want to not reintroduce these things for 14 days to give your body 30 days free on them.

Hi Amberino,

I think soy sauce which probably had gluten in it, plus some sugar, would have bee non-compliant. I didn't have any adverse reaction to it - unless you count me wanting to have cake after but then refusing it. :)

Should I do a proper restart?

Whole30 Day 15 - halfway through and I am feeling much better than yesterday! My energy could still be better but I did wake up with a bit more energy than before. My workout was good and I did struggle a bit, but it is getting better. I need to work on getting that PreWO snack in there.

PostWO - primal breakfast casserole (grated parsnip, sweet potato, green onion and eggs)
M1 - egg, bacon and spinach scramble with strawberries
M2 - grilled salmon, sweet potato mash, steamed broccoli, a banana and cashew nuts
Snack - green apple
M3 - asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, grilled sea bass, sautéed kale and cashew nuts

After yesterday's struggle, today seemed a breeze...
1376566_10100256972423205_1878829638_n.j

Whole30 Day 16 - considering I only has 3-4 hrs of sleep, I feel great today. I had a great workout (#jillianmichaels #6week6pack) and had consistent energy levels throughout the day. Is this what they now call 'tiger blood'?

PreWO snack - chicken
PostWO meal - primal breakfast casserole
M1 - egg, bacon, spinach scramble and strawberries
M2 - grilled salmon, sweet potato mash, steamed broccoli, banana and cashew nuts
M3 - shepherd's pie, sweet potato chips

1385065_10100257497695555_1450417318_n.j

I've planned my meals for next week, and I can't wait to make the following from the WellFed cookbook:
Meatsa Pie
Scotch Eggs (my preWO snack or M1)
Cinnamon Beef Stew with Orange Gremolata (this will make 6-10 portions which should last us for quite a bit of the week)

There's others I can't wait to make either but some of them need coconut aminos which I still haven't found here in the UK!
- BBQ Pork Fried Rice
- Paleo Egg Foo Yung
- Bora Bora Fireballs... to name a few.

I'm also thinking of getting a slow cooker. I've found one for £12 at Argos which is an amazing price. Does anyone else here have a slow cooker? What do you think of it?

Off to bed for me... as I need to workout tomorrow morning before my (hopefully final) physio appointment to do a gait examination on my hip to see if I can run again. :)

Whole30 Day 17 - seems my energy is a bit weary today but I have noticed that it is getting easier to plan my meals and get on with it. Organisation and planning is key or else I wouldn't get past day 1! Only 13 days left - hard to believe!

PreWO snack - hard boiled egg
PostWO meal - grilled chicken and sweet potato chips
M1 - breakfast casserole (parsnip, sweet potato, pork mince, egg), spinach and strawberries
M2 - gammon, sweet potato mash, steamed broccoli, banana and cashew nuts
Snack - apple and cashew nuts
M3 - rosemary and bacon wrapped pork loin, cauliflower mash, dried mango roll up

I also went to the physiotherapist today (injured my right hip when running a 10k back in May) and after 10 sessions over three months, my hip is now healed and I can start running again! Although I will take it slowly just in case...

1017353_10100257999145645_872159638_n.jp

I also had some expecting mums over at my place this evening (I volunteer with NCT as a Bumps & Babies Coordinator and organise meet ups for mums and mums-to-be) so I bought a victoria sponge cake and some biscuits. There were two pieces of the cake left and instead of wrapping them up and saving them, I threw them in the bin. No temptation there for me. The biscuits I bought were the ones my husband likes and ones I don't like so no temptation there, either. Whoo-hoo!

Archived