My Office is My Car, so what do I pack day in and day out? HELP!

Jo Jo

New career as a home based early intervention therapist. As my schedule is beginning to fill in, I am at a loss as to what to pack to bring in the car day in and day out. I do the obvious....hard boiled eggs, almonds/nuts, some raw vegetables, etc. When I am able to sit parked for at least 15 minutes, I know I can have a salad with cold leftover chicken, steak or shrimp or something....but I am looking for ideas on foods I can eat if I need to be driving, and also so I am not having the same old, same old. I usually do leftovers, but I am not sure about cold leftover cooked food that should be warm. Any ideas or advice is very welcomed! I am currently on Day 19 and know I can see this through...and I plan on sticking to it for a whole lot longer as I know grains and dairy are not good for me. So really need some ideas I can live with for the long haul. Thanks to all that respond! :)

That's a tough one. My first thought was cold chicken cut into strips so they can be eaten one handed, but you are already eating chicken and are probably tried of it. I wonder how meatballs would be cold? Possibly, cured meats like prosciutto wrapped around veggies stick with avocado. Applegate farms deli meat (pricey though) rolls. Lettuce wraps with almond butter and veggie strips and cold steak (Asian flare!), an occasional beef jerky (nik's sticks are decent). Salmon or tuna patties. Puréed soup in a thermos.

Meatloaf slices? there's a yummy sweet potato meatloaf recipe on paleomg.com.

I would encourage you to minimize eating behind the steering wheel. Take advantage of good weather days. Have a blanket and lawn chair in you car's trunk and eat outdoors when you can.

Archived