Nausea after eating

Hi,

I'm on day 3 and am noticing that I am geting nauseated after I eat since starting the program. I know that my body is not use to all of the healthy fats, and am wondering if there is an adjustment period?

Typical daily meal plan for me consists of eggs (cooked in a small amount of bacon fat) w/ avocado and salsa on top with a side of raspberries for breakfast. Mixed greens with cucumber, avocado and either shredded chicken or shrimp, with a homemade EVOO and red wine vinegarette for lunch, and some sort of protein and a side of veggies or another salad similar to lunch for dinner.

This is the healthiest I have eaten in quite some time, and I'm not really missing the "bad stuff" yet. I'm surprisingly not hungry for snacks and the only drink I have had since starting is water with fresh lemon wedges in it.

Anyone else experience this when first starting out? I sure hope it passes.

TIA!

The first time I started eating 'paleo', I got the same thing for the first few days. I researched a bit and discovered it can be a symptom of low-carb eating. It's part of the 'carb flu', just not a symptom that gets mentioned very often! For me it went away by about day 5 or 6 -- and until then, it helped if I ate some sweet potato, an apple, a banana, or something like that.

Hope that helps!

Too much fat introduced to my diet too quickly tends to nauseate me. And some people don't tolerate certain fruits or vegetables well and it takes a whole30 to realize it but I'd give it a few more days and see if it subsides. My hunch is that it will. If it persists, we can offer some other suggestions then but lets see what happens.

Archived