Day 17, think I have to restart tomorrow :(

Cathlana

A friend of mine were doing this together, and she got sick and has been taking cough medicine for days.... only to realize it was full of sugar. 

During my 17 days, Ive had some mustard that I didnt realize until after there was dextrose in it, I had "steak on a stick" from a ren faire that had a marinade in it that had to be soy/sugar but I still have no idea (I didnt pack food and they were OUT of turkey legs, I needed to eat something) and I ordered a salad while out that came with croutons even though I picked them off I am not sure if crumbs were in it.... and I also had a ginger ale that was sweetened with fruit juice and no added sugar but... pushing it? 

So we are thinking of starting over together - Sept 26th - I paid to get the daily emails, do I have to pay again and get new emails? How does that work?

(but would like to know if these are okay, I dont have them often only once in a while and I mix it with seltzer - http://www.amazon.com/R-W-Knudsen-Spritzer-Ginger-10-5-Ounce/dp/B003D4IFES )

• Moderators

The soy can be a problem. The sugar in a marinade is not as big a deal when it is trace amounts eaten by mistake. The cough medicine is usually full of yucky stuff that makes a Whole30 less effective. 

The ginger ale is okay if the ingredients are SPARKLING FILTERED WATER, BREWED GINGER ROOT (WATER, GINGER ROOT PUREE), WHITE GRAPE AND APPLE JUICE CONCENTRATES, GINGER EXTRACT.

That was what I found for the R.W. Knudsen stuff online. 

You might be able to get a restart on the emails. Check with the people at the address on the emails. There is a contact address. 

Thanks a huge bunch, I will let her know on the cough meds. So really, my biggest offender here was what was in that steak. I thought it was grilled, but it had a flavor, almost like teriyaki 

Thank you a huge bunch, this was bothering us. 

Ive emailed about the emails (esp with corrections) and it's hard to get a response. If we restart (sounds like we should?) I will also click the link to start over maybe that will trigger a new set of emails. 

If you click the "no" link on the bottom of the email rather than the "I did it!" link, your emails will start over. However, they automatically start day 1 as the very next day.

When I went off on day 3, I took a couple days to regroup. So, my day 6, actually became my day 1. I emailed using the contact on the email and told them the exact date I needed for which day. Example, September 28 may be day 2 on your new schedule. It took a little over a day for a response, but the emails were adjusted.

Now, I believe the $14.95 covers 30 calendar days. So we may have to pay the $4.95 (I think), to finish off our 30, since it will take more than 30 calendar days from start to finish. That is how I am understanding it so far.

If you click the "no" link on the bottom of the email rather than the "I did it!" link, your emails will start over. However, they automatically start day 1 as the very next day.

When I went off on day 3, I took a couple days to regroup. So, my day 6, actually became my day 1. I emailed using the contact on the email and told them the exact date I needed for which day. Example, September 28 may be day 2 on your new schedule. It took a little over a day for a response, but the emails were adjusted.

Now, I believe the $14.95 covers 30 calendar days. So we may have to pay the $4.95 (I think), to finish off our 30, since it will take more than 30 calendar days from start to finish. That is how I am understanding it so far.

Oh forgot to mention, they just sent me day 0 - same email so I think it's the same emails again and from what I can tell no extra charge

Archived