Round One - Day 9

stubby

stubby - I love your list of positives and negatives.  (By the way, I don't think you are a downer at all, just realistic about what's happening to you.)  

If the flavors aren't to your liking, play around with them.  I definitely like things spicy/flavorful, so up the ante on things you do like.  For example, I love garlic, so I'll often double  :o the amount of garlic called for in a recipe.  Also, I know at this point food is a little off for me.  I eat, but I'm not always loving everything.  And I've definitely had some bombs.  And then I eat the food anyway, because I hate waste.  But when you have 10 frozen meals of something you don't like, it is definitely hard to get through.

Great job on keeping up with the exercise.  I think that will be good for you mentally, even if the results take a while.  And as you mentioned, for some of us, the results are going to be more subtle and/or take a longer time to show up.  I've had no crazy increase in energy, which I would love to have.  But that just might not be in the cards for me.

So keep going, you are doing great.  I hope you start seeing some of the results you are hoping for!

Travel day yesterday. Today is 29...review of 28 below.

In the a.m. I had some of my Indian Chicken thighs...some standard mash (cauli, bn squash, and sweet potato),

For lunch I went to Chipoltle.  I stuck to only romaine, carnitas, guac, and pico de gallo.  Moderately satisfying.

For a little early dinner - I had a ditto of breakfast...but didn't feel like enough so I had some sweet potato(out of a can -never done that before) with clarified butter and cinnamon.

Saw the doctor about my finger - broke it at the end of August - just the tip of it.  Good and bad news - the body heals so slowly.  I also stopped at Whole Foods and got good meats, coconut aminos, tahinni, compliant broths, compliant fish sauce, some fun veggies, coconut flakes....lots of stuff that I can't get here on the coast.  Listened to a great book on tape - made the travel time fly by.

Day 28 was relaxing - nothing too taxing.

The chicken thighs...can't remember where I found it.  But I thought it was o.k.  They are all gone.  

Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Yay on the fun trip to the store.  Have you found any food that is interesting you yet?  What are you going to do with the tahini?  I tried to make Mel's Tahini Sauce last night and after making a huge mess, I did not like it at all.  I dumped the whole thing.

Wow, tomorrow is your last day.  I hope you have some of the results you are looking for!

Good day.  I was pretty upbeat.  Brimming with energy - no.  But positive.  I'll take that.

M1 - chicken apple/straight organic Californian Sweet Potato from Whole Foods.  Of course clarified butter.

M2 - New batch of cabbage with thai green curry, coconut aminoes, and coco milk.  Left over carnitas from Chipoltle.  A little guac.  I know spices all crazy - but I kind of ate them separately.

M3 - chicken crumble and a new batch of cauli mash.

Still very contemplative.  Read a lot more posts today. 

Did take a long walk in the dark and drizzle.

Tomorrow is day 30.

Sara....I'm appreciating even hints of Tiger Blood.  I read a couple people say it hit on day 35.  I'm READY!!!!!!  I am open and receptive to receiving all Tiger Blood now!!!  Giggle Giggle.

So my day 30 is coming to a close.  I guess I'll move over to my post 30 forum.  I plan to keep on going.  I'm determined to get some of my energy issues resolved - or improved.  I'm really buying into this "loving my body" thing.  I'm gonna keep riding that wave.

Although I'd say libations have been a crutch for me in the past - I know the one thing I'd like to have is a libation on my birthday next week.  I'm now starting to contemplate deeply....what libation would do the least harm and wouldn't want to make me have more libations the next day?

Tomorrow I'll say hi to the scale.  I don't think I lost much weight...but we'll see.

I feel proud for being STRONG for 30 days.  Now I'll see what next adventures this fun path of being as good to my body as I can brings.

Archived