Starting Oct 22.

johnny5

I started on Saturday the 19th - this is my first W30.  So far I'm rockin it on day 4 - thankfully  my regular diet wasn't so far off that I ended up with wicked withdrawals.  But I guess we'll see how the remaining 26 go.. 

How are you guys (johnny5 and Sarah EM doing?)

My husband and I just started today.  We did a dry run over the weekend because there's not a lot of time in the mornings.  I feel like I ate so much food for breakfast, much more than normal, but I'm not hungry at all and it's already been 5 hours since I've eaten.

Hi everyone. Let's do this! I'm going on motivation right now in anticipation of the sugar withdraws. How was everyone's first day? Mine was ok but this is going to take some getting used to. I'm an artificial sweetener addict and have a bad sweet tooth. Drinking plain water today instead of my usual crystal light was a challenge. My husband and kids are not on the program so I have to brave the cookies and chips and everything else at home. Will need some serious motivation, especially to avoid late night snacks.

Day One was: 

Two whole eggs and and egg white with green salsa for breakfast.

Chicken breast, green beans and tomatoes with a big salad on the side.

A plum and a few spoon fulls of the same chicken/bean/tomato dish in the afternoon.

Chicken breast, macadamia nuts and a large salad for dinner.

What did you guys have to eat? How were your energy levels? Mine was fair. I didn't feel like working out in the evening but pushed myself to. I'm going to try to add more fat to my diet for energy. Right now, I'd rather be sleeping :)

Hi everyone. Let's do this! I'm going on motivation right now in anticipation of the sugar withdraws. How was everyone's first day? Mine was ok but this is going to take some getting used to. I'm an artificial sweetener addict and have a bad sweet tooth. Drinking plain water today instead of my usual crystal light was a challenge. My husband and kids are not on the program so I have to brave the cookies and chips and everything else at home. Will need some serious motivation, especially to avoid late night snacks.

Day One was:

Two whole eggs and and egg white with green salsa for breakfast.

Chicken breast, green beans and tomatoes with a big salad on the side.

A plum and a few spoon fulls of the same chicken/bean/tomato dish in the afternoon.

Chicken breast, macadamia nuts and a large salad for dinner.

What did you guys have to eat? How were your energy levels? Mine was fair. I didn't feel like working out in the evening but pushed myself to. I'm going to try to add more fat to my diet for energy. Right now, I'd rather be sleeping :)

Johnny, I'd suggest trying to eat a little more - a serve of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold, that's likely 3-4. Aim for 2-3 cups of vegies per meal and then add your fat - you didn't mention any with meal 1&2. I'd also consider adding some starchy vegie carbs - these will help a lot with energy levels.

Snacking is discouraged, and if you increase your portion sizes and fat you shouldn't need to snack, but if you find yourself starving have a mini meal of protein fat and vegies - the snack you had was pretty good, just lacking fats.

johnny, i'm on day 5 now and feeling great!  my activity level has been limited due to injury/surgery (fractured tibia) and chronic back pain, but i have started running ~ 2 miles before b'fast with my dog.  Here's what I have for today so far:

b'fast 2 eggs on sweet potato/beet hash, with half a compliant chicken sausage

lunch chicken curry with asparagus, kale, beet salad, carrot and a 2x2 wedge of fresh coconut

snack (if i need it) homemade beef jerkey dipped in paleo mayo and a dill pickle

dinner probably going to be beef curry or roast chicken, greek broccoli, and another veg (probably baked sweet potato "fries")

the most challenging part for me is drinking my decaf coffee without light cream.  i have been using 1/2 tsp coconut oil and 1 Tbs coconut milk, and it's tolerable.  I never would have thought of adding coconut oil.  I don't have any way to blend it at work, so it does sort of sit on the top of my coffee, but it's much better than I imagined.  My weekend coffee was a compliant pumpkin spice "latte."  I also didn't know you could whip coconut cream!  So many lovely alternatives.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived