Free Eat's log

Freeeating

Really want to give this a try to be able to eat free of junk food, binge and SCALE, and live free of guilt.

Today is day 3.

=========

Day1:

M1: 2eggs, sausage, broccoli and green beans

M2: ground beef, asparagus, mushroom, mixed green salad.

Fruit: plum

M3: ground beef, asparagus, mushroom, mixed green salad.

Fruit: raspberries

Exercise: 30 min of gym circuit training class and 7 minutes of interval running

Summary: good start!

=========

Day2:

M1: 2eggs, 1 beef pattie, zucchini and yellow squash

M2: 0.5 beef pattie, crab meat, bok choi, mixed green salad

Fruit: plum

Snack: LOTs of cashews....I don't think I will ever buy cashew anymore, and no snack!

M3: tilapia cooked in tarragon cream sauce and mixed free salad.

Fruit: grape, too sweet?

Snack: 20 almonds.

Exercise: no.

Summary: Don't touch cashews. Try to get the exercise in early.

Hi!

Just wondering if you have a copy of the meal template? Your meals seem to be low in fat - this is an important addition to each meal for your satiety and health!

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

The template also has pre/postWO meal recommendations - if you're working out you need the extra nutrition and calories from these additional meals.

You mention snacking a couple of times - are you actually hungry for these snacks? Adding fat at your meals will likely enable you to get from one meal to the next without hunger, but if you're starving, have a mini meal of protein, fats and vegies instead of just nuts.

Was the tarragon "cream" sauce compliant?

amberino21,

thank you for your reply, I thougtht beef patties, ground beef and cashews were pretty fat...yes, "tarragon creamy sauce" is whole30 compliant, I got it from the book. including tarragon, coconut milk and stock.

yes...snacking was not because hungry, more of a craving...

amberino21,

thank you for your reply, I thougtht beef patties, ground beef and cashews were pretty fat...yes, "tarragon creamy sauce" is whole30 compliant, I got it from the book. including tarragon, coconut milk and stock.

yes...snacking was not because hungry, more of a craving...

Cashews are a fat, but you didn't eat them with your meals. Ground meat/patties will have fat, but some will likely stay in the pan, and it may not be enough to warrant a whole "serving".

Day 3:

My 3 year old daughter was asking me: mommy, why are you eating zucchini and broccoli in the morning?

M1: 2 eggs, sausage, Brussels sprouts, 20 macadamia nuts

M2: pork chop in Californian style, zucchini, mixed salad, 20 macadamia nuts, plum

M3: pork chop in Californian style, zucchini, mixed salad, 20 almonds, blackberries

Exercise: 60 minutes of slow elliptical

Day4

I was not doing so good today because busy schedule with kids and I was very very hungry!!!

M1:ground lamb with tomato, yellow pepper, carrots, mixed green, apple

M2: 3 eggs and an avocado

M3: ground lamb with tomato, yellow pepper, carrots, mixed green

M4: 2 pork ribs and chicken

M5: sausage and lots of almonds, strawberries

Exercise: no

Day5

Not a bad day, still too much of nuts.

M1: 2 eggs, sausage, cauliflower

M2: steak, zucchini, asparagus, cashew, mixed green, plum

M3: tilapia, cashew (4 handful), asparagus, mushroom, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potato, almonds (4 handful)

M4: pistachio (4 handful)

Exercise: 60 minutes of slow elliptical

I think I have a nuts problem, should I start over? Can anybody help?

It seems like nuts are a "food without brakes" for you - many people have the same problem, you're not alone!

The hand to mouth action is hard to stop, and usually mindless. They aren't really that satisfying, so stopping at a few may be hard.

Its goid to recognise the bad habits with nuts sneaking in, but it's not something that requires a restart. I would, however, suggest getting rid of the nuts and using something else for your fats.

Thanks, Amberino21, good to know I don't need to restart! I guess nuts are definitely out! Without the scale, it's hard to know how I am doing.

I am using generous amount of Ghee and coconut oil for all my cookings, and generally eat fattier meat, would that be enough fat?

Day6

M1:2eggs, sausage, zucchini and yellow squash cooked in coconut oil

M2: pork chop, vegis and mixed green, sweet potato, plum

M3: ground beef/ground turkey, vegi and mixed green, sweet potato, strawberries, 2 handful macadamia, 2 handful almonds.

Exercise: gym class and HIIT 10 min run

=====

Pork chop: rub seasoning on pork, then immersed in ( melt ghee, mixed with coconut milk and 1 egg), cook in oven 400, each side 10 mins, maybe 7 mins each time next time

=====

Ground meat: mixed with Italian seasoning, cooked in ghee for 8 min. Spray sliced eggplant with coconut oil Microwave 4 min, switch side 2 more minutes. Then layer eggplant, meat and tomato basil ( no sugar added) sauce. Yummy.

====

I said bye to all my nuts after last meal, maybe see you all after whole30, maybe not.....

Depend on how fatty your meat is, I'd still probably add a little - that's something you need to gauge. Cooking fat won't count for a lot, as most will be left in the pan.

Amberino21, thanks for always being here to help and offering advice! How long does it take to get a body like yours in the picture?!

I'd double check your coconut spray oil - I think I remember another mod mentioning that they had something non-compliant added. I don't use oil sprays, so don't have one to check for you!

And what do you see in the picture? Muscles or leanness? That photo was taken around the time of my first bodybuilding comps last year. My comp prep was 12 weeks of "diet", training and cardio to lose fat. I used to be the most unsporty, overweight (80kgs) person, tried every diet, ate emotionally and all that jazz. Over 7-8 months I lost 25kgs of fat and put on some muscle with a nutrition and training plan. Then I decided to compete, so trained hard to put on more muscle, before losing the fat.

I don't look like that right now!! It's not healthy or sustainable. I'm growing at the moment, to improve for comps next year, so that requires lots of food...and a bit more body fat :) I've made huge muscle gains from then!! I don't have a stereotypical "bodybuilders diet", my lifestyle, even when I was losing the weight was pretty close to whole 9 ideas about wholefoods. I eat mountains of fresh stuff, very limited supplements or processed food and a huge variety :)

amberino21, thanks for the reminding, I can't believe I overlooked the coconut spray, it actually does have soy in it....duh...

I do like the lean and toned body of this photo, or the tough expression on your face!

Wow, that was a great story you are telling me! You must be so proud of yourself after the 25kgs of load off. And it's so nice to get advices from a natural body builder!

As for myself, I gained about 20lb after two babies and tried to loose those and actually did achieve that goal in a year, but then gained 10lb back, also reached a very unhealthy state with food in a bad cycle of restriction and binge.

Hopefully whole30 will bring that healthy relationship back to me.

Thanks for your advice and keeping an eye on me!

Day7

Can't believe it's been almost a week!

M1: 2 eggs, beef patties, Brussels sprouts and broccoli in coconut oil spray...(need to get rid of this tomorrow)

M2: ground beef, cabbage, kale, 10 sun dried olives, plum

M3: chicken, mixed vegie, mixed green, black berries. 2 tbsp. of coconut butter

=========

ground beef: used nomnompaleo's curry ground beef and cabbage recipe 

chicken: used nomnompaleo's curry chicken recipe. 

Archived