Rookie no longer

brianamonda

This is my second whole30. I completed one successfully in March and it fixed many a maladies from my Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia.

Over the last 7 months, however, I've had visits from out-of-town family 4 separate weeks, and it has caused a few hiccups making it hard to stick to my mostly balanced 80/20 life. I'd been planning a whole30 for January 2014, but being laid up in bed with a bad flare-up of symptoms for a week, I figured, why wait til January?? I have the self control to get through some tough days if necessary! So here I am! I started yesterday.

Since I now know what to expect, I've decided to do some things a teeny bit differently. 1) I know I don't use fruit as a gateway to sugar, so I'm not going to be as cautious eating it. (I only allowed myself a handful of pieces during my first w30) 2) I won't rely on nuts as heavily 3) I will allow myself green smoothies. I agree on not having fruit juice, but I do feel green smoothies is just puréed greens and somedays, that's just all I have time or energy to prepare.

Day 1:

I've been suffering from migraines and moderate headaches for about 4 straight days now, so cooking was minimal yesterday.

Breakfast: was black coffee, an orange and pumpkin seeds

Lunch: homemade tomato soup from the freezer, sliced apple with sun butter spread

Dinner: muscles ala marinara

A couple things:

- on the smoothies, yes, they're discouraged on a Whole30 exactly because they're pureed. The idea is to chew your food instead of drinking it, as chewing is more satiating.

- I'm sorry about your headaches and please eat more. 2 out of 3 of your meals were missing protein, breakfast wasn't a meal, dinner likely needed more vegetables.  Do you have a copy of the meal template? http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

- Also be sure the version of sunbutter you used was compliant - no sweeteners or other nasties. 

Thank you GFChris! I am trying to eat as much as I can, although I cannot get out of bed and cook. (I.e. Smoothies and freezer soup) I just got back from a deep tissue massage and am hoping that helps with my headaches. My husband's grabbing sushi tonight so I'm gonna get plenty of sashimi!! Using my coconut aminos 😉

No worries on the sunbutter. I found one that's compliant 😉 costs a fortune!

So I'm going to sign out because I can't call what I'm doing "whole30" because with the debilitating headaches I'm having, I just can't cook nor eat enough, or the balanced way the program calls for. I guess I call it soy-free-grain-free-sugar-free-alcohol-free-legume-free30.

Whole30 sounds way better, and is easier to say. But, what's in a name?

Hopefully at the end of 30 days my head will be back to normal 😕

Archived