Second Whole30, starting Nov. 18

gingembre1

My first Whole30 was a great success.  I felt lighter, more awake, my skin was great, clothes were fitting like they haven't fit in many, many months, and I started to get comments from other people by the end about how great I looked.  And then my Whole30 was over.  I stayed away from my bad habits for about a week, but then the rationalizations started, and they started to creep back in.  And eventually I just feel back in whole hog, and have been going crazy with carbs, sugar, coffee, grains, and anything else I could stuff in my mouth ever since.  My skin is a wreck, my eyes feel swollen most of the time, and I have no energy.  My last Whole30 ended on October 31, and I can't wait to get back into it.

Tomorrow is Day One!

I did my first whole30 and finished on 15 October and was the same as you... bad habits crept in, and then suddenly, I looked forward to major binge weekends of junk and I would just feel so sick throughout the night but wake up and want more. 

I started my second whole30 last Monday and so far, feeling great! Not as exhausted as I was but finding the cravings still just as difficult. I had to tell my husband yesterday to put away the white chocolate chips because as soon as i saw him have one bite, I wanted to eat the whole bag so I told him to put them away!

Good luck!

Thank you, good luck to you as well!  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggled after ending Whole30.  After all of the reading I did, I came away thinking the Whole30 would forever end my cravings and bad eating habits...while they were easier to manage (at first) after coming off of Whole30, they returned with a vengeance pretty quickly!

For this Whole30 my goal is to incorporate more of the Whole30 lifestyle, particularly with regards to getting sufficient sleep.  Last time it was enough just trying to focus on the food, but I'm realizing I need to work on some of the other components this time.

Archived