liveit360

Hello :)   I am starting another whole 30.  I have had to restart a couple times and I hate to be at square one again but a cheat is a cheat.  I decided to have two glasses of wine the other night.  I almost never have more than one glass but I had been looking forward to this night out for a while and just went for it.  That night I couldn't sleep.  The next day is when I had problems!  Later in the day I was so tired, I just started eating more randomly without being connected to the great need I had for rest, not food!  So that last two nights now I have stayed up late because I ate too much late the day. 

I ate eggs and sugar and have had some pain in my leg that almost feels like a stiff vein.  My fingers are swollen and not working as well as they should and my wrists are tight. 

I just took a two hour nap (somehow that worked out with the kiddos naps!) and I am ready to take this on.  I don't look at this as a 30 day program but more of a lifestyle for me.  Generally, I have found to be ok with moderate legumes and brown rice but for the next 30 days, I will avoid these along with the wine. 

I would really love to be doing cross-fit.  My three hang ups are:  1. I need to get my sleep and my leg and wrist pain squared away.  2.  I have a one year old and a three old and I don't know how to get myself there.  3.  the cost.  If anyone has any ideas for this type of body changing workout that doesn't actually require a gym, I would love to hear them!

(I am eating snacks because I am nursing.)

Here is my reminder of why I am doing this:

Consistent sleep pattern ( in bed by 9:30pm and up by 6 something to pray and exercise before the girls wake at 7)

Consistent energy! (I have been hitting a severe energy drop mid-day)

Lose and maintain (about 8 lbs? for me being over 115 means I have been eating sugar)

Feel fit (able to exercise and play on a moments notice)

Clear skin

Stable moods (feel social and ready for even the last minute plans)

Protect my eyesight, my blood vessel health, brain and memory, and my joints

Tomorrow begins day 1

Day 1 (Nov 19th)

Feeling great!  I got up at 6:15 and got in a workout and some time to myself before the girls woke up (they even slept in this morning!)

B - turkey, spinach, coconut oil, beets

L - fish, cabbage/carrots, olive oil, brazil nuts, brussel sprouts

D - turkey, beet, pear, olive oil, greens

Insanity workout

20 minute walk

I came across an article about the relationship that fear can have with losing weight. I'm pretty sure that underlyingly, this has been part of my problem! I spent much of my 20's up and down with my weight and constantly working towards the next diet or health fix. Some of this was helpful and valid because I have learned from it and am in a different place now. However, after I do lose some weight and am feeling really good, I have a pattern of letting it creep back up right away! Like this whole losing and gaining weight thing is what I know and it makes me a bit uncomfortable to be at a good weight and truly focus on other things in my life! Kind of a hard realization but I feel like this could help me move forward. To just do what I know works and spend more of my thought life and focus on other things..

Insanity workout

20 minute walk

B - turkey, spinach, coconut oil, squash, cabbage

L - turkey, greens, pear, beets, pumpkin seeds, olive oil

D - chicken tomato cashew kale soup

11/26/13 (31 days until Christmas)

I want to avoid waking up groggy, crabby, and inflammed (sinuses, fingers/joints).  I don't want to have trouble with my skin (or bad hair days for that matter ;))  or have to choose to wear clothes to cover my stomach.  I don't want to drag myself through my days and often have to 'act' to get through it.  I don't want to snap at anyone close to me and want to be ahead of the game enough to keep stress to a minumum on a daily basis.  I want to inspire someone else to be healthy and happy.  I want to always have a clear head and be a sharp thinker. 

I am going to start eating whole 30 something today.  I have gotten off track with eggs, dairy, and sugar, and feel lethargic, irritable, have headaches, and can be impatient.  Thanksgiving is around the corner and but I have good resources and I am making the choice to feel good that day, not in a food coma.  My mom may make a pumpkin pie that is sweetened with stevia (no grains, sugar, eggs, or dairy?)  and if so, I will have one piece and move on.

My hope is that after at least 30 days of better eating (and more consistent sleep if I can help it) I will have a journal that can inspire someone else to do the same.

insanity workout

turkey, squash, coconut butter, red cabbage, coconut oil

ham, greens, olives, cucmber, pumpkin, coconut butter

nuts, pumpkin crumble

beef, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts

walk 30 minutes

feeling more positive and free today.

insanity workout

turkey, squash, coconut butter, red cabbage, coconut oil

ham, greens, olives, cucmber, pumpkin, coconut butter

nuts, pumpkin crumble

beef, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts

walk 30 minutes

feeling more positive and free today.

What is pumpkin crumble?

Try to ensure your snacks are mini-meals, which include at least a protein and fat. Nuts are considered a fat source on a Whole30.

Archived