START DATE: 26th November

mishellakinsella

End of day 11, checking in. Yesterday and today I finally hit a symptom at the "appropriate time" in the Whole30 timeline: BLOATING AND CONSTIPATION! My stomach was huuuuuuuuuuuuge and I felt like I'd put on 10 pounds overnight. My innards seemed to settle a bit after dinner so hopefully that's done with.

I feel like I already got over the craving dreams, well ahead of the timeline; I'm sleeping like a baby with food-free dreams nowadays.

Some of the staples I've fallen in love with: sweet potato hash, zucchini and carrot "noodles", and coconut butter (manna). I still find salad dull and uninteresting, but when my CSA brings lettuce I can't NOT eat it. Anybody have more interesting uses for lettuce?

I hope everyone else is doing well :)

End of day 11, checking in. Yesterday and today I finally hit a symptom at the "appropriate time" in the Whole30 timeline: BLOATING AND CONSTIPATION! My stomach was huuuuuuuuuuuuge and I felt like I'd put on 10 pounds overnight. My innards seemed to settle a bit after dinner so hopefully that's done with.

I feel like I already got over the craving dreams, well ahead of the timeline; I'm sleeping like a baby with food-free dreams nowadays.

Some of the staples I've fallen in love with: sweet potato hash, zucchini and carrot "noodles", and coconut butter (manna). I still find salad dull and uninteresting, but when my CSA brings lettuce I can't NOT eat it. Anybody have more interesting uses for lettuce?

I hope everyone else is doing well :)

Is you lettuce fancy, curly stuff or big leaves? Big leaves make great wraps - fill with shredded vegies, meat, herbs/flavour, avo/mayo and roll up. Yum!

Is you lettuce fancy, curly stuff or big leaves? Big leaves make great wraps - fill with shredded vegies, meat, herbs/flavour, avo/mayo and roll up. Yum!

I can't believe I've never thought of that. I think you just created tomorrow's breakfast. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in after Day 22. I kind of really can't believe it's been that long. I had constipation issues for quite a long time, almost a week, but that seems to have solved itself. I bought digestive enzymes on the recommendation of several people on the forums, and have limited my red meat intake. I had trouble digesting red meat before I went pescatarian even, so it shouldn't be surprising that it still troubles me, but I didn't think of for a while.

My sleep has been consistently great as long as I don't eat too late, in which case it plummets.

However, I've found an impressive lack of will to get up some mornings, coupled with depression that keeps me napping and demotivated all day, entirely without appetite. Although these issues were a regular enough occurrence for me before Whole30, I may be able to tie these recent episodes to almonds, according to my food log. So I'm cutting those out for now and seeing what happens.

I had an accidental reintroduction of a small amount of gluten one night and was struck soon after with horrible stomach cramps and gas, and a digestive discomfort that lasted 24 hours. So at least I'm aware of that now. I'm going to get tested for coeliac's disease in the new year, after I've reintro'ed grain into my diet for a bit (the blood tests only work when there has been gluten in your system recently).

I don't own a scale, but I look like I've gained weight around the middle in the last 22 days. I'm pushing through to the full 30, disheartened but with faith.

Archived