Whole30, I need you in my life. Log #2

trezkholl0806

It has been 2 weeks since I posted in another forum about how my reintros were a total FAIL and I felt like I was spiraling out of control. Well, guess what, it got worse.

I literally feel like all the CRAP I ate in the past 2 weeks is STUCK to my BODY... everywhere. I can SEE a difference. I know it does absolutely NO good to dwell on my mistakes and failed eating, but I am so frustrated with myself. This past week was wayyyyyyy worse than the last. I don't think I had not ONE W30 meal AT ALL. I ate things that I told myself I would just not ever like to reintro (candy and fast food). I found myself in line at Taco Bell at 11:00 p.m. last night (4th meal, seriously???). I had chinese take-out, boxes of candy at the movies, lots of alcohol, cake, chips, 1/2 a pack of oreos etc etc etc.... to make matters worse, I only worked out twice this week.

Ok, enough of the pity-party. I NEED WHOLE30 INTERVENTION! 

P.S. - I totally believe that I self-sabotage... things seemed to kind of go downhill from the moment that I weighed myself after being officially done with W30, and I saw that I was my lowest weight I've ever remembered being at.

Day 1, 12/30/13

Breakfast:

3 egg scramble with coconut milk & spinach

Baked sweet potato mash w/ coconut milk & cinnamon

Lunch:

1/2 chicken breast (crockpot, buffalo)

Organic spinach, carrot & celery sticks

Coconut milk ranch dressing

Workout:

Leg day

15 mins. treadmill intervals

Post-Workout:

Sweet potato

Dinner:

Sauteed cabbage in ghee with prosciutto

One thing I'd change:

Go to bed without tv/phone

Do you have a recipe for that sweet potato mash or is it literally just sweet potatoes, coconut milk and cinnamon?

We had the same breakfast this morning (besides the sweet potatoes).

That's literally what it is :) I baked a bunch of sweet potatoes just on a foil lined sheet at 450 degs for 1 1/2 hrs or so, or until they are really soft... then I mash them up and keep in container. Scoop out, mix in some coconut milk, lots of cinnamon and sometimes I top with some sliced almonds. It's so good.

Day 2, 12/31/13:

Breakfast:

3 sunnyside up eggs

Roasted brussels sprouts & rutabaga hash

Baked sweet potato mash w/ coconut milk & cinnamon (and coconut flakes)

Lunch:

Sauteed green beans

There's a reason I was M.I.A. yesterday.... :( UGH..... I'm really frustrated with what went down, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. 1... I know I set myself up for failure because I really didn't do a full meal prep on Sunday to really get ready for this W30... 2... I succumbed to peer pressure on New Years... 3... I didn't have anything to eat this morning so I went to sbux... ugh.

So I'm typing this out as I sip my Double White Chocolate Mocha... Here's what went down... We were going to go to dinner Tuesday night, but my friend and I took too long getting ready, so we were just going to end up at this bar that has good food. Though I was going to eat dinner before we went. I didn't have time to cook, but I warmed up some food and took it with me in the car. Me, hubby, and friend went to the bar and they ate and had a couple of drinks, while I sipped water (fun, right?) Then we went to watch the huge fireworks show downtown. After that, we went to a bar and the both of them had a beer. I was ready to leave, being a party-pooper, I suppose. Another friend of our's was at a bar just down the street and insisted that we "say hi" before heading home. So we did. That's when it happened. This friend insisted that I try her drink. I said no, but then she was like, "just one sip". I'm not sure what it was that got into me. Why did I take that sip when I knew it would sabotage my plan? Not sure... especially since I've had that cocktail before. A few times. After that, this guy bought us a shot, which I didn't realize, and it was free, and there... so I took it. And then had one of those cocktails to myself. At this time, I thought, well, I messed up anyway, and I'm hungry, so I want food. We ended up at IHOP. At like 3 o'clock in the morning. Nothing good ever happens at this time. I shared the Split Decision breakfast with my friend (1 triangle of french toast, 1/2 the scrambled eggs, 2 strips of bacon, and 1 pancake)... and I had a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (yum...).

So, then I didn't go to bed until 5 a.m. or so... didn't wake up until almost noon. And thought, well, my day is ruined because it was after 12, so I might as well just eat whatever. Hubby and I went to lunch at this awesome new gourmet burger place. And it was good. And last night I ate crap. I'm talking, Cheetos Puffs, orange slices (the candy), 2 scoops of vanilla icecream in a float (coke and Malibu Sundae Rum)... yeeeeeahhhhh.

Now I'm wondering - should I start my W30 over, or should I not commit yet and do the paleo thing for right now? I'm conflicted.

I can relate to this! I am easily led astray by others and an opportunity for a fun night out.I think I would start your whole30 over again if you think you could do it.

I'm on day 8 and I just ate 3 chocolates :((  I don't even know why - old habits? Anyways, I know three chocolates aren't so horrible but now I am having this conversation with myself "You ate the chocolates and you are going out tonight, so you might as well order the glass of wine and whatever you want on the menu because you have to start the wHole 30 over again anyway."  

This is my first attempt at the Whole30 and it is not easy. 

I would love your recipe for crockpot buffalo chicken :) 

Good luck! It loos like you have already accomplished a lot! 

I can relate to this! I am easily led astray by others and an opportunity for a fun night out.I think I would start your whole30 over again if you think you could do it.

I'm on day 8 and I just ate 3 chocolates :((  I don't even know why - old habits? Anyways, I know three chocolates aren't so horrible but now I am having this conversation with myself "You ate the chocolates and you are going out tonight, so you might as well order the glass of wine and whatever you want on the menu because you have to start the wHole 30 over again anyway."  

This is my first attempt at the Whole30 and it is not easy. 

I would love your recipe for crockpot buffalo chicken :)

Good luck! It loos like you have already accomplished a lot! 

That sounds exactly like me! I am still not back on track... it's hard to commit when you have plans coming up, it's like oh well it would be easier to wait until after that to restart... but then something else comes up, etc etc... I've been super lazy with meal prepping so that's been a huge problem this week. Then I was halfway telling myself, well, maybe I'll just do things my own way and see how that goes. Like having gluten free muffin twice this week.... and then having beer last night??? hello.

As far as the crockpot buffalo chicken, it was the easiest thing ever. Place chicken in crockpot, add a little complaint chicken broth and Frank's Red Hot (the original one)... I just shook it onto each piece of chicken... Cook on low for 4 hrs. Remove, cool, shred or dice or leave how it is. SO EASY!

• 2 weeks later...

Yummy! I am making that chicken stat!! 

I fell of the wagon after the weekend away with the hubby and no kids.... We sure did have fun though  :huh:  :o

I thought I would be able to just get right back on track Monday, but it took me a whole week to get started again. I am on day 3 today. So far, so good.

I keep trying to tell myself that the time to do this is NOW. I put stuff off like you and then never accomplish anything (related to food, otherwise I am pretty successful).  

It's a journey that's for sure!

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! Okay, so I had fallen off the bandwagon, sadly, shortly after I begin my 2nd Whole30 journey as this post was started for. Then I was just doing my own thing (never good). I then, decided to try to prep for a bikini comp, 12 weeks out. Could not commit - my food issues were getting in the way. I've been off track for the past week or so, completely off track. Today is Day 1 (I'm calling this my 2nd Whole30).

I'm really excited about this because as much as I talked about how great this program was, until I was blue in the face, nobody decided to try it - until now. A good friend of mine is on Day 10 or so, and her mom is trying it with her as well and they are both doing GREAT! So proud! I also have 2 couples that are friends of mine giving it a go, and another friend, and my HUBBY! SUPER EXCITED!

Well, today is day 1 - I'm a little ashamed because I was so exhausted yesterday that I did not get ANY food prep done - however, I made sure I was starting today and not pushing it off!

Breakfast:

3 egg scramble with stir fry veggies

coconut oil

1/2 sweet potato

Lunch:

Crockpot salsa chicken

stir fry veggies

1/2 sweet potato

coconut manna

ok, not doing so well in the food log department! I've been taking pics of all my food though and posting on my Instagram account (just for Whole30 stuff).... LETTUCEBEFITWITHTREASURE

Anyway, I'm really excited about tonight because I had plans to go to my friend's house so we can work on some crafts for her new baby niece arriving this Saturday! AH! She said, why don't we do dinner? So I have to explain Whole30, yada yada, and she says, that's okay! I will make exceptions if need be. So tonight she is making pan seared tilapia (the seasoning she likes is a Greek seasoning and contains... MSG, oh lawd. But I'm skipping that ;) ), roasted veggies and wedge salads with cucumber, tomato, and homemade southwestern cumin lime dressing (The Clothes Make The Girl)....

Archived