whole30 for marathon recovery day 2

anika

Wow I'm really looking forward to this next 29 and a half days. This plan just seems to make sense. I ran the Twin Cities Marathon in Oct and then promptly developed a stubborn case of tendonitis. Traditional methods have been marginally successful with many fits and starts. It is so unpleasant to not be able to run like I used to. Now I am figuratively hog-tied to a tread mill and restricted to 3 miles 3 times a week. It's funny how when you can't have you crave just about anything being withheld. At any rate I understand diet can help with the inflammation involved and might just help me with this problem. Also it can't hurt to lose a bit of weight and maybe run a faster marathon this spring. Here's hoping :)

Good luck Anika! I ran my first marathon in July and fractured my sacrum and have been plagued with hip issues throughout training and since. I'm starting whole30 jan 1st and am hoping it will help with all the things you mentioned - inflammation, weight, race time. All the best!

Wow...tied to the treadmill...yikes! Sorry to hear about the tendonitis...is it the AT? I too am a marathoner & I had a friend who developed that...I did a ton of research for him...BUT as stubborn as WE runners can be..he continued to run injured...(who hasen't??? lol) There are some strenghtening exercises BUT from what I remember it is really important if it is AT make sure you get the proper dx. in case there is some serious tear...cause' running with out an attached AT is well painful and sorta ugly!!  :o

I have found the Paleo way has significantly reduced inflammation. Also make sure your Vitamin D levels are adequate...ALSO if you can help it STAY away from the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics...like cipro etc. Have your prescriber order a good alternative!   

Yes this plan does make sense...yay!!! something does...lol!!! I wish you a very speedy recovery and a fantistic New Year!!! 

Carolyn

Archived