frozen veggies, hot tea, vitamin supplements

lasmith6

Newbie!!

May I have frozen veggies? I didn't see it specified anywhere. They are plain. 

Is hot tea acceptable? I normally make it from fresh ginger, rose hips, or a natural green tea. What ingredients in packaged teas do I need to be wary of if acceptable?

I am on vitamin supplements at the insistence of my (paleo-supporting) family doctor. Vit-D and prenatal (I am still nursing), and I take "natural calm" for anxiety- magnesium and citric acid. I also take elderberry syrup when ill or exposed to flu. Are these things ok?

Frozen veggies are fine, as long as it's only veggies in the package.

For tea, read the labels. Watch for non-compliant ingredients like soy lecithin, stevia leaf and vanilla extract.

Doctor prescriptions trump Whole30.

The elderberry syrup sounds non-compliant, as syrup typically indicates sweetener.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm a newbie too! I'm starting Paleo this Wednesday and I am preparing to purchase compliant foods. I read a comment from someone that citric acid is not allowed, is this right? I have read the official rules and I cannot find it anywhere in there. 

Thank you! 

Hello, I'm a newbie too! I'm starting Paleo this Wednesday and I am preparing to purchase compliant foods. I read a comment from someone that citric acid is not allowed, is this right? I have read the official rules and I cannot find it anywhere in there. 

Thank you! 

Citric acid is ok on a Whole30.

Archived