My Whole30 adventure...food log

After recieving a point in the right direction, I am now going to try and keep a food log. Yesterday was a bit harder than I anticipated. My family isn't doing the whole30 with me and now that I'm not making any of the "bad" stuff, that's all they want...which in turn leaves me wanting it too. But...like I told them...no more excuses, no more saying I'll start again tomorrow. So what did my food look like yesterday, you wonder?

Day 1

Breakfast- two hard boiled eggs with a small portion of overnight apples found here...http://tgipaleo.com/2012/07/17/overnight-apple-breakfast-cobbler/ . Minus the vanilla

Lunch-

Grilled Cod and Asparagus with a lemon wedge and lemon pepper.

Dinner-

Grilled Pork Steak with broccoli.

Snack-

Raw cashews

I can proudly report I am still on track. Yesterday was day 2. Other than a feeling of being unsatisfied, which I solved with some celery and almond butter, I did pretty well.

Breakfast-

2 scrambled eggs with peppers...cooked in coconut oil

Lunch-

vegetable stir fry (Hodge Podge mix from Trader Joes, coconut oil, curry powder salt and pepper) w/ raw cashews sprinkled in for protien.

Dinner-Stuffed Zucchini from this recipe... http://everydaypaleo...uffed-zucchini/

I really need to work on my water consumption.

I'm open to suggestions on the title. I should clarify...my husband is not anti paleo, but still includes some dairy and loves his peanuts. However, my father, who is currently living with us, hates any idea of healthy eating and protests at every turn. I still make paleo friendly meals and allow him to either make his own food or add to what I make on his own plate. He would be so much better off with a paleo lifestyle, but he refuses. The worst part is his constant trying to get me to cave. First it was always asking to go out for ice cream (which is my weakness). Now, because he's not getting crappy food, he always wants to go out to eat. There really is only one place for me to eat around here with out breaking my diet and that's the Raw Vegan Cafe. Which I like, but even the name makes my Dad want to gag. Luckily my husband is very supportive. He stays on my band wagon when he's home (which isn't much lately) and actually loves eating this way. He's just not on the whole30.

All right! Day 3 run down. Yesterday was good. I have noticed so far I haven't had any headaches, which is great since they were happening pretty frequently before. I hope that continues.

Breakfast-

Leftover zucchini filing from the night before with a fried egg on top (fried in coconut oil)

Lunch-

2 pan seared chicken tenders in a salad (romaine, rainbow vegetable salad which is like broccoli slaw, a few blueberries, cucumbers, olive oil and fresh lemon juice.

Snack-

apple and almond butter

Dinner-

Pan seared chicken and parsnips with broccoli (recipe here...http://everydaypaleo.com/2012/03/28/pan-seared-chicken-and-curried-parsnips/)

OK...so yesterday was easy. No big cravings or anything but I have found myself wanting to snack more.

Breakfast-

2 fried eggs (in coconut oil) over rainbow salad ( just like broccoli slaw)

Lunch-

Same as yesterday's...romaine, panseared chicken, rainbow salad, blueberries, and cucumbers with a little EVOO and apple cider vinegar

Snack-

3 celery sticks with almond butter

Dinner-

Sauted shrimp and zucchini with olive oil, garlic, basil and lemon with asparagus

Snack-

raw cashews

Today has been terrible. I want to eat the kitchen. I haven't cheated but I am getting frustrated with not having too much fruit and now as I'm reading through others post I guess I should be trying to avoid nuts and nut butters. I guess I'm just feeling crabby about the whole thing right now. I better get off my butt and go do something since I'm probably just dealing with a serious case of boredom.

You can eat nuts and nut butters. The question is though is WHY are you eating them? My understanding is that if you are eating them because you truly are hungry and are easily able to monitor how much of them you are eating then it's not so much an issue. However, if you are eating them when you are not hungry and they are perpetuating an old habit of mindless snacking, then that is an issue.

That's just my take though--I'm sure though if I'm off on this, someone will be along to offer assistance.

Archived