My First-Timer-Day-One-Notes

MistyJG

I've noticed that...

* Natural turkey is kind of slimy

* Coffee without cream and sugar tastes like crap - I'm trying to channel Dale Cooper of Twin Peaks but it's not working

* The bakery section at the grocery store smells better than it ever, ever has before

* I've eaten a little tub of guacamole with my fingers

* La Croix berry flavored water helps

* I have a headache

...and it's only Day 1!  I better be a healthy, happy knockout after this :)

Cheers!

Misty

THis is also my first whole 30. I agree coffee without cream and sugar is just gross. I've switched over to tea at least for the challenge. I did read that people have put coconut milk in their coffee in place of cream. When in doubt drink more water. Good Luck

Black coffee does take an adjustment period and I found the better quality the coffee the better I like it black. That said blending coconut milk or almond milk or coconut butter or ghee and coconut oil into coffee are all options I've seen (and I've tried some) that work well for people. Blending it does help because all those things separate more than cream does.

Your taste buds will adjust...keep at it!

this is a very creative way to describe your day one - I'm sorry - it made me laugh because I can identify - I tried to find ways of making things not so cut and dry - but the first week or two do seem to have that effect.  It helps to hear someone else honest description - there have been those days. 

this is my 2nd time for the whole 30 to eliminate everything.  I did it wrong the first time - in around end of Oct or Nov (beginning).  I have tried to eat whole 30 but found after a while some of it becomes normal and I have become more creative (by talking to people on the whole 30 on the forum). 

I ate boiled eggs at first and couldn't get the meal one instead of breakfast - then found I could sauté spinach and onions then add scrambled eggs to cook with that.  in the summer I added a slice of peach or nectarine on side.  Now I do raspberries for blue berries from time to time. 

this morning I had left-over roasted sweet potatoes with pecans warmed up with some left over roasted round steak.    Last night I had left overs warmed up from the Asian beef & Brocolli recipe from the Master mixes in the "It starts with food" book.  I did eat it over the spinach as suggested and even my husband liked it.  For the first time, I added the sliced oranges (1 orange between us) as a little pretty - that could be eaten with or for desert.  It was actually very good.  I'm finding if I make enough to have extra then I can not have to cook so often.  When I warmed it up for my lunch (I had it 3 times - 3 ways).  I added an avocado between spinach and meat mix - then some on top.  It was very good that way also.  Just some trials from book that we liked.  Thought I'd share with you!    :)  Becky

Thanks for all your responses, new BFFs!  I'm liking the tip about the light coconut milk and, Becky, I liked your menu...I'm going to give some a try.

You guys are swell...I'm so grateful for responses from other sufferers!  I'm going to write a day 5 post now. :)

Archived